Armstead going off for Wichita st

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

Armstead going off for Wichita st

Post by chapelhillduck »

Former duck Malcolm armstead with almost 20 pts at the half for Wichita st in MVC tourney final
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: Armstead going off for Wichita st

Post by duckgrad99 »

He played well, good for him. I cannot send well wishes to former ducks Jamil Wilson and Jabari Brown though.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Matt Humphery play for West VA
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:He played well, good for him. I cannot send well wishes to former ducks Jamil Wilson and Jabari Brown though.
Why not Wilson? I think the kid who was the one I can't stand from all the transfers is Humphrey, rumor is he and Dunagan got offered money to leave. He left, and we know Dunagan had to leave and that because he took money and was ineligible.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Because he barely gave Oregon a chance. He took the easy way out. As soon as Kent was fired, Wilson went back home instead of sticking things out. He was a high profile recruit for Oregon, said all the right things and then left.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Remembering Wilson's stated reasons for signing, Altman seems to actually be a better fit for him.

We will never know what might have been.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

We should consider ourselves lucky that Humphrey transfered. He is now with his third school. Saw him play at NC State when he was at BC and he was downright awful. Airballs, missed FTs, turnovers, etc. A total trainwreck.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:He played well, good for him. I cannot send well wishes to former ducks Jamil Wilson and Jabari Brown though.
Why not Wilson? I think the kid who was the one I can't stand from all the transfers is Humphrey, rumor is he and Dunagan got offered money to leave. He left, and we know Dunagan had to leave and that because he took money and was ineligible.
One of my buddies was pretty tight with Jamil Wilson, and it sounds like he was a great kid. Part of it was wanting to go back to where he was from, and he also came to Oregon to grow under Kent. I can't fault him for wanting to leave since he did it after the season was over.

Also, how does Armstead still have eligibility? :lol:

Going to miss the Maehl Man
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

TheMaehlMan wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
One of my buddies was pretty tight with Jamil Wilson, and it sounds like he was a great kid. Part of it was wanting to go back to where he was from, and he also came to Oregon to grow under Kent. I can't fault him for wanting to leave since he did it after the season was over.

Also, how does Armstead still have eligibility? :lol:
He came to Oregon as a SO. He left as a JR, but hadn't used his redshirt year, which allowed him to transfer out and still have his SR year to play at Wichita State.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

I hung out with Jamil Wilson once...good guy, very humble too. He left after Yasir Rosemond departed, not Kent. Rosemond was the main reason why Jamil committed to Oregon, not Ernie Kent.

Jabari Brown is the only former Oregon player that I won't root for (Drew Viney too but I think he graduated).

Off the court, I heard that Matt Humphrey was a pretty good dude. Just really sucked at basketball. As others have stated, it was a blessing in disguise that Humphrey transferred.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl