couldn't coach and was a horrible choice. Must be thinking
of someone else... Way to go coach.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Altman pac-12 coach of the year

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Congrats Altman. Although, seeing how we finished the season with the ability to win it all, that's pretty disappointing for Altman. Not to say he didn't deserve it over everyone else, just not his finest work to come IMO.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Congrats Altman. Although, seeing how we finished the season with the ability to win it all, that's pretty disappointing for Altman. Not to say he didn't deserve it over everyone else, just not his finest work to come IMO.
I think he got it based mainly off the results prior to this past weekend. Plus, I think he also got it because they were picked to finish 7th and ended up tied for 2nd, drastically exceeding expectations.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Congrats to Dana, definitely a great hire by the ducks. Hopefully we have some shooters coming in next year's class
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

By winning COY in the Pac-12, he's now won that award in 4 different conferences (MVC @ Creighton, Big Eight @ Kansas St., and Southern @ Marshall.)
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Congrats Altman. Although, seeing how we finished the season with the ability to win it all, that's pretty disappointing for Altman. Not to say he didn't deserve it over everyone else, just not his finest work to come IMO.
I think he got it based mainly off the results prior to this past weekend. Plus, I think he also got it because they were picked to finish 7th and ended up tied for 2nd, drastically exceeding expectations.
Yeah makes sense, just a little unsatisfying for me as a fan. But Dana earned it, he's a really good coach and it shows.

Quack_12
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quack_12 »

He has done a remarkable job. Great coach congrats tocoach DA
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

Dana Altman is a good coach, but I think a case could have been made for Bob Cantu at USC, especially with Oregon blowing it last week.

Completely laughable that Singler made any conference team, yet Kazemi was only an "honorable mention"....
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
UofDuck
Senior

Altman pac-12 coach of the year

Post by UofDuck »

Not so fast, my friend... The season is not finished yet.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

UofDuck wrote:
Not so fast, my friend... The season is not finished yet.
True! And to be fair, the Artis injury definitely screwed our chemistry up. Things just haven't been the same, even since he's come back.

I really hope we can make some noise in the Pac-12 tournament.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Dana hiring reminds me a little of when USC hired Pete, a lot of other candidates and end up with great coaches who were the school fourth of fifth choice.