so that was a bad weekend

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

so that was a bad weekend

Post by oregontrack »

in my preseason projections, i either picked the beavs to win the whole damn thing come june, or i had them on my short list to do so. nothing's changed. the fact that a guy like ben wetzler is their sunday arm is criminal.

winning one of three sounds about right. we're dynamite against teams at our level or lower, but haven't been able to get over the hump against the elite teams. we at least have enough pride to not get ourselves swept, i guess.

christian jones was introduced with the seniors today. he's gone. not a big surprise, mind you, but today all but made it official. adam jude said that horton told him jones was gone after this year. anyone remember when he came in? he won the #2 starter job as a true freshman, got hurt in his first start, then carved out a role as a reliever for himself the rest of the year. he started to flash ace potential as a sophomore when he rejoined the starting rotation, then missed all of 2012. hasn't made a single start this year. too bad shoulder issues kept him from becoming what he could have been.

healy all but had pac-12 player of the year wrapped up as of friday afternoon... but three games later, conforto might have just passed him. they have similar numbers, but conforto played on a conference championship winning team (yeah, i think they'll beat up on the cougs). healy should get credit for putting an entire line-up on his back (imagine this team without him?). should be a very close vote.

we miss kyle garlick.

going from memory, i think we're 6-2 against the beavs when brett thomas is in the line-up. i think we're 1-6 without him. every bat counts against those arms...

we can still technically take the season series against the beavs if we can beat them tuesday. of course, they won the important ones, but that's better than nothing. taking 3 of 5 from a top 5 team like osu could go a long way in the eyes of the ncaa.
ImageImageImageImageImage
woundedknees
All-American

Re: so that was a bad weekend

Post by woundedknees »

Much as I hate to say it, it seems as if the Ducks have had commits, from players with the capability to be big hitters, who never set foot on campus, due to the draft... Am I wrong?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!