Pac12 Basketball Predictions Rules Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Pac12 Basketball Predictions Rules Thread

Post by Autzenoise »

RULES=

There will be a maximum of 10 games put up for you to pick each week. The weeks will be from Monday through Sunday for ease of picks. I will be choosing the match ups a week or so in advance but will do my best to pick the most interesting games. All Oregon games will be a part of the predictions. I will also do my best to have the games up for you to pick at least 5 days prior to the first game. This is so we can have ample time to make the picks as the games may be going on during the entire week. By doing so there may be some confusion with "this week or that week" issues, I will do my best to label the threads to limit that.

Each game will be worth one point. For all games you will want to predict the winner, and for one selected game you will have the option to predict the spread. Correctly guessing the spread will accumulate an additional 2 points so that there will be a total of 12 possible points each week (unless there are less than 10 games in the Pac12 that week, but I haven't looked to see if that happens). The spread will ONLY be considered a winning spread if the spread is in favor of your winning team pick. You can't pick UCLA to beat USC by 12 and get points if USC beats UCLA by 12.

Prediction threads will be locked before the first game tips off. I WILL accept late entries via pm for games that have not started yet. This is because the games are throughout the week, and some people may miss the first game or two, but can get in relevant predictions for the other games. I do ask that just one pm is sent if you are going to do this, not multiple for different games as they come up. I don't want this used as a tool to wait up until gametime to see about secondary factors that could effect the game.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Pac12 Basketball Predictions Rules Thread

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Thanks Autzen! You are the man.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Woo! Guessed the spread correctly for the USC/Utah St. game!
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Phenom wrote:Woo! Guessed the spread correctly for the USC/Utah St. game!
Except you picked the wrong team to win :P
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Last year we decided a couple games in to award the extra spread points to the person guessing closest. Do we want to do that again?

I am going to post results without this, but I can easily change it if we want to.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Autzenoise wrote:Last year we decided a couple games in to award the extra spread points to the person guessing closest. Do we want to do that again?

I am going to post results without this, but I can easily change it if we want to.
Either way is fine with me. I'd personally rather just reward an extra point to the really good games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13