2 more players off the team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: 2 more players off the team

Post by duckgrad99 »

Blinn head coach Brad Franchione on Taylor -- "He's the best long-snapper I have ever seen and he's a great football player."

It's easy to second guess guys. You cannot fault Oregon for taking a chance on this guy. To say we could have ended up with someone better is just speculation.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: 2 more players off the team

Post by Tray Dub »

duckgrad99 wrote: It's easy to second guess guys. You cannot fault Oregon for taking a chance on this guy. To say we could have ended up with someone better is just speculation.
Usually I agree, but the problem with that offer was that there really was no potential for Taylor. The best-case scenario was us getting very good consistency on snaps and only having errant ones once or twice a year instead of three to six. Yippee. I think plenty of other kids on scholarship for other positions can learn how to long snap adequately (I already got into an argument with people over this back in the day, but in my personal playing experience it's not a very hard thing to learn how to do), so it really wasn't necessary to use a scholarship just to get us a potentially excellent long-snapper.