Phil Steele on Masoli

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Phil Steele on Masoli

Post by AutzenMember »

I checked out PS's magazine to see what he had against Oregon, since he has them unranked in his top 40. The one glaring thing that stood out to me was that he didn't have Masoli ranked in his TOP 60 FREAKIN QB's! I had to scan it several times to make sure, but he was not on the list. Even Sean Canfield was ranked about 58. Has Phil Steele stopped watching College Football? Masoli gets Heisman chatter throughout the College Football world, and PS sees 60 other QB's that are better? Unbelievable. Sorry, no link since it was in the magazine and I couldn't stomach buying it, so I have no other info.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Phil Steele on Masoli

Post by gofightingducks »

He is an idiot!
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

when he came out with his prediction i thought, maybe he was a mad genius who could be right. I thought maybe we aren't going to be very good this year do to our new challenges and lack of experience. After seeing this I'm 100 percent positive that even though we might not have the dream season this year. we may only get 8 or 9 wins. Phil MCcrackin steele is an F ing idaiot and an A hole..
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

Phil Steele not on Masoli, am I right?
BisonDucks
Three Star Recruit

Post by BisonDucks »

Wow...Miller is predicting Masoli as a 1st team Pac-10 quarterback.
midwestduck82
Three Star Recruit

Post by midwestduck82 »

Him and his organizations should retire. Athlon has Masoli 1st team PAC-10.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

Phil Steel didn't have oregon in preseason top 40 so I really think his credibility can be questioned on this one
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

I've been a Phil Steele fan in the past but wow. I'm not going to claim to be an "expert" and I'm not going to claim to not be an Oregon homer. However, I am extremely confident that there is no way in hell that there are 60 QB's in D1 Football that are better then Masoli, who I feel is arguably the brightest spot that Oregon has going for them into this season. I'm also pretty darn confident that Oregon finishes at least in the top 40...
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

I guess Phil Steele only ranked draft-eligible QBs this year, which would explain a lot (he left out Terrelle Pryor too). He said he has Masoli as a 1st team Pac-10 QB and Pryor as a 2nd team Big Ten and would have cracked his top 60 had they been draft-eligible.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

Ask him if he had a stroke recently. That way we don't have to feel bad about calling him out just in case he did.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

goducks75 wrote:I guess Phil Steele only ranked draft-eligible QBs this year, which would explain a lot (he left out Terrelle Pryor too). He said he has Masoli as a 1st team Pac-10 QB and Pryor as a 2nd team Big Ten and would have cracked his top 60 had they been draft-eligible.
Except Masoli is Draft Eligible this year....he is a Junior.
Last edited by Brophdog88 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

AutzenMember wrote:I checked out PS's magazine to see what he had against Oregon, since he has them unranked in his top 40. The one glaring thing that stood out to me was that he didn't have Masoli ranked in his TOP 60 FREAKIN QB's! I had to scan it several times to make sure, but he was not on the list. Even Sean Canfield was ranked about 58. Has Phil Steele stopped watching College Football? Masoli gets Heisman chatter throughout the College Football world, and PS sees 60 other QB's that are better? Unbelievable. Sorry, no link since it was in the magazine and I couldn't stomach buying it, so I have no other info.

This is why I make sure to get it for free.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Brophdog88 wrote:
goducks75 wrote:I guess Phil Steele only ranked draft-eligible QBs this year, which would explain a lot (he left out Terrelle Pryor too). He said he has Masoli as a 1st team Pac-10 QB and Pryor as a 2nd team Big Ten and would have cracked his top 60 had they been draft-eligible.[/quote

Dude - don't hex us! :D

That's all we would need, for Masoli to bail after next season.
John 3:36
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

SuperDuck wrote:
Brophdog88 wrote:
goducks75 wrote:I guess Phil Steele only ranked draft-eligible QBs this year, which would explain a lot (he left out Terrelle Pryor too). He said he has Masoli as a 1st team Pac-10 QB and Pryor as a 2nd team Big Ten and would have cracked his top 60 had they been draft-eligible.[/quote

Dude - don't hex us! :D

That's all we would need, for Masoli to bail after next season.
Unfortunately for Masoli, he doesn't have the NFL prototypical QB body and I can't think of another position to play him at. He won't be leaving early.