#12 Arizona @ #22 UCLA (Sat., 7:30 p.m., ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

#12 Arizona @ #22 UCLA (Sat., 7:30 p.m., ESPN)

Post by Greenblood »

I think it's safe to say that this is UCLA's "last stand" if they want to have any kind of a season that they would deem at all successful. Probably preaching to the choir, but UCLA has really only looked very good in one game so far this season -- the pummeling of ASU in Tempe. Every other one of their victories were essentially by a TD or less, even against mediocre opponents.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked with a Bruin win here, to further confuse the South division situation. On the other hand, the Wildcats have an opportunity to solidify themselves as one of the true frontrunners in the South (particularly if ASU beats Utah) with a victory in Pasadena.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: #12 Arizona @ #22 UCLA (Sat., 7:30 p.m., ESPN)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I know it probably doesn't matter, but I like Arizona to keep winning to make us look better. However, since it's opposite week for me, I'm going with the Bruins even though I wanted to say Wildcats.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Solomon is legit and UCLA has not impressed me much at all this year. I think Zona wins, and should move up to 7-8 if they do.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I know it probably doesn't matter, but I like Arizona to keep winning to make us look better. However, since it's opposite week for me, I'm going with the Bruins even though I wanted to say Wildcats.

Actually, this is a "lose, lose" game for Oregon. If Arizona wins it makes the Ducks win over UCLA less impressive because the Bruins would then have 3 losses and drop out of the rankings. On the other hand, any losses by Arizona make Oregon's loss to them not look good.
John 3:36
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Best playoff scenario for Oregon (if they were to win out) is UA to win out and we beat them in the CCG. Our loss would then be to a top team and we'd have 2 wins against opponents who were top 10 at the time. We also would have avenged our previous loss and given credence to the "we were just missing Jake Fisher or we'd be undefeated" argument.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Best playoff scenario for Oregon (if they were to win out) is UA to win out and we beat them in the CCG. Our loss would then be to a top team and we'd have 2 wins against opponents who were over top 10 at the time. We also would have avenged our previous loss and given credence to the "we were just missing Jake Fisher or we'd be undefeated" argument.
This is true, a UCLA loss will diminish Oregon's wins vs. top 25 teams as the Bruins will certainly drop out. However, if Utah takes care of business this week against a ranked ASU, they will move up and give Oregon the opportunity to defeat a different top 25 team. By the end, Oregon's best best is to have Arizona win out and face Oregon in the P12 CG, which would feature two top 5 teams by that point. However, in this scenario, the next best team in the Pac would be no better than a 3-loss team (Utah has to face Arizona, and so does ASU). the best hope for a 3-loss P12 team to finish in the top 25 is most likely USC, as they would finish with wins against UCLA and ND. However, Oregon doesn't play USC so this would be moot, so it is better for USC to beat ND but lose the rest, which strengthens Oregon SOS.
DAT#6
Four Star Recruit

Post by DAT#6 »

Go Arizona! Go Utah!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

It doesn't matter! It doesn't matter!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

SO F'IN STUPID. The Pac 12 has 2 games where both opponents are ranked, so what do they do? Play them at the same time of course! Anybody think Arizona is going to get a bunch of love when they beat UCLA? Not a chance.

I know I keep repeating how much I hate all of these late-night games but let me say it again.

I hate all of these late-night games.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I know it probably doesn't matter, but I like Arizona to keep winning to make us look better. .
This. The more games Zona wins, the better our loss looks. Not to mention I would love to meet them in the Pac championship.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UCLA up 17-7 to start the 4th quarter.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

I like UCLA winning only because an Arizona chump was talking ish to me that Arizona was so fast and legit... Wouldn't listen to me about anything. Glad this will shut him up.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Where the F was this Arizona team when we played them?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Why I hate the Pac-12. Bunch of loser teams that only care about playing Oregon. I never thought Arizona was that good, just played out of their minds one game and got extremely lucky. They should've lost to Cal and they looked very pedestrian tonight.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I know it probably doesn't matter, but I like Arizona to keep winning to make us look better. However, since it's opposite week for me, I'm going with the Bruins even though I wanted to say Wildcats.
Damn your opposite week! :lol: