The Pick and now The Fumble

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

The Pick and now The Fumble

Post by rockthief »

Dargan and Walker, and Wheaton, with some fab football in between. Two mind bending plays in ORegon Duck football history. Time to show The Fumble on the Jumbotron or whateverit is called? Yay Ducks!

The Fumble :!:
hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Re: The Pick and now The Fumble

Post by hjpop »

That play will be there come Colorado, it is a highlight moment of this year.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

The fumble will also be on ESPN's not top 10 next friday for absolute.. and possibly be up for an ESPY if ESPN has a category for most unusual play of the year. I have seen a number of guys who idiotically drop the ball before the goal line... this is the first time seen one returned for a touchdown. Totally unreal. If Oregon wins the Pac 12 and somehow does win the national championship then I could see this play being played on the Megatron for quite awhile.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

The ducks are very lucky, it could be 14-0 and game can be very long for then but no, that fumble and 100 yard return touchdown by Fabulous Joe Walker change the monument of the game. I remember I was pissed (did not see the ball) then saw refs didn't single touchdown and start screaming, runnnnnnnn when Joe start running. Lol that game was nervous wreck for me.

Send from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

With the emphasis on ball security that has probably been impressed on the entire team since the the goal line hiccup by Marshall, Oregon's D has probably been watching for an opportunity such as this... Amazing how the entire D was rallied around JW as he began that run.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

The Fumble?

Nah.

The Brain Fart.
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

OreDucks01284 wrote:The ducks are very lucky, it could be 14-0 and game can be very long for then but no, that fumble and 100 yard return touchdown by Fabulous Joe Walker change the monument of the game. I remember I was pissed (did not see the ball) then saw refs didn't single touchdown and start screaming, runnnnnnnn when Joe start running. Lol that game was nervous wreck for me.

Send from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Everyone around me was dejected, my hand was in my hand. The cannon had gone off, the scoreboard had changed, Utah fans were going wild. Then a murmur went across. Suddenly I see the phalanx of ducks running down my sidedline and the our section goes wild in disbelief.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

The photo from the end zone, shows the WR beginning to celebrate, a couple Ducks standing over the ball, and that ref (How Did this guy get hired by the PAC?)... calmly staring at the ball, waiting for somebody else to realize WTH just happened!

Priceless!

(BTW, props to Biggus Duckus for finding and posting that pic!)

DAT_man_again
Sophomore

Post by DAT_man_again »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:The fumble will also be on ESPN's not top 10 next friday for absolute.. and possibly be up for an ESPY if ESPN has a category for most unusual play of the year. I have seen a number of guys who idiotically drop the ball before the goal line... this is the first time seen one returned for a touchdown. Totally unreal. If Oregon wins the Pac 12 and somehow does win the national championship then I could see this play being played on the Megatron for quite awhile.

Oh it will be number one on the not top ten. And it's going to be the worst of the worst for a long long time.
"You know we the big brother." - Cliff Harris

"Y'all know what time it is." -Damian Lillard
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

Weston wrote:The Fumble?

Nah.

The Brain Fart.
exactly..

what kenny wheaton did was a helluva lot different than how walker picking up a dropped ball and running it back with a convoy to block for him - since everyone on Utah had also assumed it to be a TD. this is a crazy comparison. if this happened late in the game to tie or take the lead the comparison would have a LITTLE bit more cred. not to mention KW was against our arch rival!
skivi21
High School Drop Out

Post by skivi21 »

woundedknees wrote:The photo from the end zone, shows the WR beginning to celebrate, a couple Ducks standing over the ball, and that ref (How Did this guy get hired by the PAC?)... calmly staring at the ball, waiting for somebody else to realize WTH just happened!

Priceless!

My favorite part of the picture is the Utah fan right above the ref. with his arms out looking at Clay "what the hell are you doing?"
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

skivi21 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:The photo from the end zone, shows the WR beginning to celebrate, a couple Ducks standing over the ball, and that ref (How Did this guy get hired by the PAC?)... calmly staring at the ball, waiting for somebody else to realize WTH just happened!

Priceless!

My favorite part of the picture is the Utah fan right above the ref. with his arms out looking at Clay "what the hell are you doing?"
I completely missed that, this pic is perfect
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Viewed from the opposite end of the play, It could be called the "Flocking Stampede"...