FSU Rose Bowl jersey. Looking forward to a great game.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

NativeNole
One Star Recruit

Post by NativeNole »

Alan
Senior

Re: FSU Rose Bowl jersey. Looking forward to a great game.

Post by Alan »

Good looking jersy, but I may be bias to the number. I have a friend on another forum that is a hard core Noles fan, were trying to figure out a bet, I don't like the one he proposed; who's ever team wins the winner buys a t-shirt and the other has to post a pic of them wearing that shirt. Why should I have to buy something win the Ducks win? :lol:

Welcome, with luck this will stay civil

Alan
NativeNole
One Star Recruit

Post by NativeNole »

Thanks Alan,
I'm a 40 yr FSU fan, double graduate, 2nd gen graduate (my dad was a fsu cheerleader in the early 50's) and I have lived and nearly died with this team my whole life. I was at Bobby Bowden's first game and his last. Sat through wide rights and the first two NC's but didn't make it to The RB last year. I don't get uncivil over football at this point in my life. I have enjoyed watching Oregon football for the last ten years so I'm glad these two teams are finally lining up against each other. I think if FSU can eliminate turnovers and get off the field on third down defensively they have a very good chance. If Jameis tries to fit balls into impossible spaces and win every down we won't last long in this one. He is the most accurate passer we have EVER had. His int's are 70% lousy route running and 30% him trying the do the impossible.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

NativeNole wrote:Thanks Alan,
I'm a 40 yr FSU fan, double graduate, 2nd gen graduate (my dad was a fsu cheerleader in the early 50's) and I have lived and nearly died with this team my whole life. I was at Bobby Bowden's first game and his last. Sat through wide rights and the first two NC's but didn't make it to The RB last year. I don't get uncivil over football at this point in my life. I have enjoyed watching Oregon football for the last ten years so I'm glad these two teams are finally lining up against each other. I think if FSU can eliminate turnovers and get off the field on third down defensively they have a very good chance. If Jameis tries to fit balls into impossible spaces and win every down we won't last long in this one. He is the most accurate passer we have EVER had. His int's are 70% lousy route running and 30% him trying the do the impossible.
I think that is a great way of defining some of his play this year. We're obviously real hopeful about our chances and that trying "to do too much" aspect from him is something we'd certainly like to see. I actually have this feeling that Jimbo is going to try and run it more in this game to keep the pace of the game down, or at least early on he will.

Thanks for coming aboard NativeNole, we don't get many outsiders but our resident LSU fan like it here so much he became a Moderator and by and large we like learning all about the traditions and history of our opponent, like why Renegade is a leopard Appaloosa from the PNW! :lol:
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Welcome to the forum, NativeNole!

I can appreciate and understand your love for your team. I was born and raised in Eugene years ago and watched my Ducks go through several coaches and several losing seasons before Rich Brooks, Mike Bellotti, Chip Kelly and now, Mark Helfrich, have taken the Ducks to new heights.

Your 'Noles have been formidable again ever since Jimbo Fisher took over, just as the Ducks have been since Chip Kelly came on board as offense coordinator in 2007.

I expect a chess match between the coaches that may go down to the wire. If both teams bring their "A" game this may be one for the ages. Of course, I can't help but cheer on my Ducks, but if everyone plays their best and FSU ends up on top, I'll have no choice but to tip my hat to them and their fans.

As you said, looking forward to a great game!
John 3:36
NativeNole
One Star Recruit

Post by NativeNole »

I think that is a great way of defining some of his play this year. We're obviously real hopeful about our chances and that trying "to do too much" aspect from him is something we'd certainly like to see. I actually have this feeling that Jimbo is going to try and run it more in this game to keep the pace of the game down, or at least early on he will.

Thanks for coming aboard NativeNole, we don't get many outsiders but our resident LSU fan like it here so much he became a Moderator and by and large we like learning all about the traditions and history of our opponent, like why Renegade is a leopard Appaloosa from the PNW! :lol:
We have had several Renegades I think. Maybe this one just got lost, IDK but that's a great looking horse. UOducksTK1 invited us over so here I am.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

Duck07 wrote:
NativeNole wrote:Thanks Alan,

That's another great point. We've had visitors from several opponents fans over the last few years and nearly everyone's been really civil. We've had Oklahoma State, Texas, Tennessee, Auburn and others. I'd like to believe that most of those people left with a good impression of our fan base. Of course, every fan base has their bad apples, but most people here are pretty civil.

I would expect the volume to ramp up a bit as the game draws closer, though. :mrgreen: :lol: 8-)
John 3:36
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Welcome. The trash talk and chest beating is always so silly. This game can go either way based on a few key plays/turnovers/possessions. Both trams are very good.
Last edited by UofDuck on Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Hey an actual FSU fan! WELCOME to our boards. You'll find very little, if any "trash talking" here that isn't intended just for fun. If any starts, rest assured the mods will crack down and QUICK! Great to see ya and learn something about FSU. I honestly know little to nothing about the team aside from Winston is a stud haha
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UofDuck wrote:Welcome. The trash talk and chest beating is always so silly. This game can go either way base on a few key plays/turnovers/possessions. Both trams are very good.
Speaking of trams, during Marcus' Heisman interviews one of the espin guys asked him a follow-up question when Marcus mentioned riding the subway for the first time. "They don't have a subway system out in Eugene?" <-RUF'in Seriouz? You've never been to Oregon, have you? :lol:
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Duck07 wrote:our resident LSU fan like it here so much he became a Moderator

I kind of stayed around because y'all need me to see past the green/apple green/dark green/black/yellow/pale yellow/storm trooper shaded glasses at times :mrgreen:

I became a Mod because no one seems to understand where to post things...which this thread falls into a grey area so I'll leave it here.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Bud Lee wrote:

I kind of stayed around because y'all need me to see past the green/apple green/dark green/black/yellow/pale yellow/storm trooper shaded glasses at times :mrgreen:

I became a Mod because no one seems to understand where to post things...which this thread falls into a grey area so I'll leave it here.
Its a very confusing format and all :lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think the only fans that sort of wore out their welcome were Ohio State fans and that was limited to maybe a couple that ended up being real argumentative and started trolling/flaming here every day leading up to the Rose Bowl in 2010. Besides that, I really have no problem with opposing fans coming in as long as they're civil and can carry on a conversation well.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bud Lee wrote:

Do you spend a lot of time organizing your desk? :D
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Duck07 wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

Do you spend a lot of time organizing your desk? :D
I do actually :lol:

And it is driving me NUTS that it is a mess right now