Big bad Ed Dickson

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

slammer
Two Star Recruit

Big bad Ed Dickson

Post by slammer »

Ok .... so i was there at autzen saturday ( Utah ) and i really wanted to focus on EVERTHING thats going on during the plays offense and defensively, stuff that you don't get to see on tv because they are always focused to where the ball is ( understandably ). Anyways .... i come away feeling very bad for Dickson, atleast from what i seen saturday against Utah. Masoli missed dickson ( did'nt even look his way ) for atleast what would have been 4 huge yardage gains AND he missed him for atleast one maybe even two TOUCHDOWNS!!! It was very evident because after an incompletion on a couple pass plays where Dickson was open, you could see him jumping up and down pumping his fist in what i'm sure was disgust. Get DICKSON involved Masoli... he was open so much that day!!!!!
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Re: Big bad Ed Dickson

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

Agreed they need to get Dickson incorporated into the offense, i could tell he was upset by his body language, give him a little hitch route, or slant to the middle or something!. Chip needs to call more passing plays, and Masoli has to step up in the pocket and calmly deliver the football to the best playmaker at receiver on our team.
neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Post by neezy3 »

Agreed, if only our qb could see over the middle and identify someone else besides 23... Positive thing is that it wont hurt his draft status if he improves his blocking this year. Lots of athletic te's slip due to the fact that they're not great interior blockers but any scout who watches the tape will realize that dickson isnt getting opportunities to catch the ball but is getting open. We need more play action roll out passes to get this thing going but then again masoli has been throwing those in the dirt too.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

maybe we should just line dickson up out wide in Maehl's spot so Masoli will look his way
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alabamaduck wrote:maybe we should just line dickson up out wide in Maehl's spot so Masoli will look his way
While we're at it, I say they change Dickson to #23 and make Maehl another number.
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

Why don't we just change to our better throwing QB now thats an
interesting thought. 4 completions is pathetic.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I almost cry when I see Dickson wide open but Masoli isn't looking... We gotta get him the ball.

The problem is, only 2 WRs have caught a ball all season (WRs, not TEs or RBs).. Masoli definitely has problems seeing the field.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
uofo627
One Star Recruit

Post by uofo627 »

The only time Dickson was every really involved was during his "breakout game" against Boise State in 2008. And if you recall, Darron Thomas was the Quarterback for that game... I am in no way a Masoli basher, and I still believe he is our best option, but having a tall quarterback definitely has it's advantages. Advantages that we will have someday...