Arizona Switches QBs ...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

monster
Four Star Recruit

Arizona Switches QBs ...

Post by monster »

From Ted Miller:

http://espn.go.com/blog/pac10/post/_/id ... -qb-change
“Nick deserves an opportunity to show what he can do,” coach Mike Stoops said at a Monday news conference.

Scott only completed 4 of 14 passes for 50 yards with an interception in the Wildcats 27-17 loss at Iowa. Foles came off the bench to complete 6 of 11 for 55 yards and a touchdown.
Granted, Oregon is not Arizona, and Masoli is not Scott. But it's interesting to see what justifies a switch at the position. If Utah had won in the fourth quarter, would Masoli still be the starter? I wonder.

In other news, a couple of QB Tweets from Moseley:
During QB drills, when Thomas or Costa is up, Masoli is mirroring them to get extra work in.
Masoli began today 33-of-36, then tried a series of throws to TEs over the middle and missed six straight. Not awful but slightly high/long.
PDXShogun
Four Star Recruit

Re: Arizona Switches QBs ...

Post by PDXShogun »

Totally different situations. Arizona has two young QB's neither of which has proven anything at this level. Oregon has a returning starter coming off a 10 win season.

Lets not forget, either, that Costa has yet to play a meaningful snap in a game and last made an apperance in 2006. Making a change at this point would be a panic-move. Kelly is doing the right thing.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

This is perfect! OHHHHH I hope Arizona falls apart.... :D happy day
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

bigsugarduck wrote:This is perfect! OHHHHH I hope Arizona falls apart.... :D happy day
Can they at least beat the Beavers first? :)

As much as I dislike Stoops, I would rather see Arizona beat Oregon State 100 times out of 100.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

and i would like the ducks to beat Arizona at their home game.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Glad to hear he's practicing looking for the tight ends over the middle.

Missing the passes, but at least giving them a chance