Kelly

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Kelly

Post by justducky0 »

I think Kelly may overstate things sometimes- He said that Lamichael was faster than JJ ever wanted to be.. I do think he is quicker but JJ was able to hold his speed for longer. It seems like LMJ has a ridiculously fast burst but then he always seems to be caught from behind.
Also Kelly raves about the WR's and how the passing game is improving but we have yet to see ANY of that..Thoughts?
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Re: Kelly

Post by bigfootlebowski »

Ya, I wondered why James got caught on that one play he broke loose. If he is that fast that should have not happened. I guess the passing game is improving if we are comparing the numbers from the last weeks against the BSU game, but I don't see that much improvement on game day.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

JJ didn't have great top-end speed at all for an RB. I wouldn't be surprised at all if LMJ is faster than JJ is.
lacrossebill17
One Star Recruit

Post by lacrossebill17 »

u can see in that run that he angles back into the db instead of to the outside which if he did he woulda gone to the house
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lacrossebill17 wrote:u can see in that run that he angles back into the db instead of to the outside which if he did he woulda gone to the house
The only reason he really got caught was he tried to look for a cut when he should have really just kept going straight. JJ had the same problem early in his career until he finally just trusted his speed and kept on his original path.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

No, the Utah player had the angle on him that's why he got caught. Also I'm pretty sure James was the Texas 100 champ as a SR in HS.
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

Let me tell you that there is a huge difference in football speed and track speed.
Lots of people run 4.4 with no pads but put them on a field with pads and it's a differnet
story. JJ had good football speed not sold on LMJ being faster than JJ yet but he's still young.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

buckmarkduck wrote:No, the Utah player had the angle on him that's why he got caught. Also I'm pretty sure James was the Texas 100 champ as a SR in HS.

Actually I just re-watched the game and twice I saw where it looked like James was a bit slow when he got over his inital burst. Now dont take it like i am raggin on him. I mean I could only dream to run and cut that fast. I just thought it was interesting watching him run compared to how JJ ran and I would have to say at least for now JJ was faster
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

LMJ is only Redshirt freshman, give him time. he will improve and become big impact playmaker.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Utah has one of the best run-defenses in the nation and returned 8 starters on defense, it's ok if James' can't break one against that kinda defense
duckstheword
Two Star Recruit

Post by duckstheword »

greenyellow wrote:
lacrossebill17 wrote:u can see in that run that he angles back into the db instead of to the outside which if he did he woulda gone to the house
The only reason he really got caught was he tried to look for a cut when he should have really just kept going straight. JJ had the same problem early in his career until he finally just trusted his speed and kept on his original path.
Agreed. Just watched that play this morning and I thought the same thing. He should have kept going to his right to eliminate the angle that the defender had. Also, after the play LMJ was laughing. I think he wide-eyed-excited and just forgot what to do. He'll get it soon though. Hopefully on Saturday.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

I have total faith in the brosef, I just though it was intrestng. I really believe he will be a premiere back in this league