Election 2016

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Election 2016

Post by Duck24 »

Since people are asking for it in the recruiting threads, I will acquiesce.

My take, it's a tie, we lose no matter what. It's like asking me if I'd rather lose to OSU or UW? I wouldn't choose either. Do I want the turd or the pile of vomit? Do I want the crazy liar or the liar who is also crazy? These next few months should certainly be interesting.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Election 2016

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It gets worse every year. I will take the meager allotment of time I put into following politics, and focus it on potential supreme court and congress candidates.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

South park already did this one when the school wanted to change the mascot...
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

My puzzlement over the elections is watching one of my brothers who has gone over the deep end in support of Trump and become an unapologetic bigot towards, blacks, gays, Mexicans, Asians and Muslims. I think he has long had some mostly concealed racist feelings but the Trump campaign and the satellite supporting websites he is visiting has emboldened his vitriol, freed him to express it on social media and allowed it to gain momentum.

I have not engaged him on any of it, just been watching him on social media. I believed for sometime that he didn't actually believe some of the stuff he is posting, but was trying to push peoples hot buttons. I now believe he has started to believe even the most ridiculous fantasies.

Did you all know that the Sandy Hook, Orlando and other mass shootings were staged by Obama so he could take our guns away and take over as a dictator?
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

One of the guys at work wrote down my words several Monthes ago when i
said " If Hilary becomes president i will move to Canada, and if Trump is elected
I'm moving to Zimbabwe. Wonder if i can get the pac-12 network in Africa ? Or Canada ?

I really really hate politics....
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Duck07 wrote:South park already did this one when the school wanted to change the mascot...
This is my exact reply when anyone asks.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I understand not liking Hillary, but saying she's as bad as Trump is pretty ridiculous to me. Trump is a new breed of awful, the most dangerous candidate in our country's history.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Did you all know that the Sandy Hook, Orlando and other mass shootings were staged by Obama so he could take our guns away and take over as a dictator?
Considering Trump thinks global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese (as with his innumerable other asinine statements, he later claimed he was joking, despite repeatedly referring to global warming as a "hoax," "canard," "myth," "con job," etc. throughout the years), he is the perfect candidate for the half-witted Sandy Hook/Boston Marathon/Orlando/(insert any other attack that has ever happened) conspiracy theorists.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

gogreen55 wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Did you all know that the Sandy Hook, Orlando and other mass shootings were staged by Obama so he could take our guns away and take over as a dictator?
Considering Trump thinks global warming is a hoax invented by the Chinese (as with his innumerable other asinine statements, he later claimed he was joking, despite repeatedly referring to global warming as a "hoax," "canard," "myth," "con job," etc. throughout the years), he is the perfect candidate for the half-witted Sandy Hook/Boston Marathon/Orlando/(insert any other attack that has ever happened) conspiracy theorists.
Trump literally said yesterday Obama might've had something to do with the Orlando shooting. He is appealing to the very worst part of our country.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Tray Dub wrote:I understand not liking Hillary, but saying she's as bad as Trump is pretty ridiculous to me. Trump is a new breed of awful, the most dangerous candidate in our country's history.
To my knowledge, Trump has never made decisions that killed anyone, nor has he taken money from foreign interests or banks to fund his campaign. Oh, and none of his friends that I know of have mysteriously turned up dead over the years just as they were going to testify against him. I don't mean to disrespect anyone, but it feels like someone voting for Hillary is either ignoring reality or just carrying water for the democrat party.

I am likely to go third party for the third presidential cycle in a row. The only thing that might sway me to Trump is the Supreme Court justices. The 2nd Amendment is teetering on the edge, and Hillary is waiting to give it that last push.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Phalanx wrote:The 2nd Amendment is teetering on the edge, and Hillary is waiting to give it that last push.
Yeah, it would be a real tragedy if you couldn't go pick up another assault rifle. It really makes one wonder how virtually every other civilized country in the world has managed to survive without their citizens pretending they are GI Joe and having a military style cache of weapons in their homes. Thank goodness all these guns have kept us Americans safe!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

gogreen55 wrote:
There are some pretty smart folks who remain skeptical about the media/liberal narrative on 'climate change'. I wouldn't necessarily lump them in with those who think all of the mass shootings are a false flag.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

gogreen55 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:The 2nd Amendment is teetering on the edge, and Hillary is waiting to give it that last push.
Yeah, it would be a real tragedy if you couldn't go pick up another assault rifle. It really makes one wonder how virtually every other civilized country in the world has managed to survive without their citizens pretending they are GI Joe and having a military style cache of weapons in their homes. Thank goodness all these guns have kept us Americans safe!

None of what you just posted has any actual reasoning value, as far as I'm concerned. Mocking is not an argument.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

gogreen55 wrote:
Nothing wrong with owning an assault rifle, just ,maybe if you're on the no-fly list or been under investigation for being an isis sympathizer you should be added to the no gun list?
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Phalanx wrote:There are some pretty smart folks who remain skeptical about the media/liberal narrative on 'climate change'. I wouldn't necessarily lump them in with those who think all of the mass shootings are a false flag.
There are supposedly some "pretty smart folks" that think the moon landing was a hoax also. These people are obviously clueless, but it shows how it is virtually impossible to get 100% consensus on anything when dealing with a large enough number of people.

The overwhelming consensus from climate scientists around the world, from all different countries and all different ends of the political spectrum, is clear. When you examine the extreme minority that don't agree, they often aren't even experts in the field and/or they stand to benefit personally from their viewpoint. It is no different than big tobacco for years claiming there was no link between smoking cigarettes and cancer. They helped foster this "doubt" and "non-consensus" in part by paying "medical experts" to spout their nonsense. The real debate isn't whether or not humans have had some impact on climate change, it is just a matter of the degree that this will impact things in the future (which there is some legitimate debate over).