Shutout

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Shutout

Post by gofightingducks »

When is the last time Oregon shutout somebody? They would have this game and last week for that matter if it were not for turnovers inside the 20 or tonight the 1.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Shutout

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gofightingducks wrote:When is the last time Oregon shutout somebody? They would have this game and last week for that matter if it were not for turnovers inside the 20 or tonight the 1.
Not sure, but Oregon's defense flat out dominated today. I know it was against Wazzu, but the defense is playing at an all time high.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Apparently, Oregon's defense played Wazzoo tougher than anybody else they have played this season...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

I gotta say though, I was thoroughly impressed with our defense on the posession that Wazzu scored. I mean putting things into perspective, they were up like 45 to 0 at that point in the game and wazzu had the ball on the 1 yard line. It speaks large amounts about the kind of players that Oregon has when even in that situation they stopped wazzu on their first two attempts to get it in.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Hey... Wazzu gained a whole 12"/play on that drive!

Pretty good line surge, eh?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:Hey... Wazzu gained a whole 12"/play on that drive!

Pretty good line surge, eh?
My favorite part of that drive happened when Loebbestall tried to reach the ball across and while everyone was trying to unstack, Spencer Paysinger punched the ball out of Loebbestall's hand. Even though WSU scored, it stilled showed that everyone on the defense was still amped up at that point in the game.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

It would have been nice to shut them out, but giving the ball to WSU on the 1 yard line got the fans back into the game, it seemed like it was pretty quiet for awhile.