Washington State @ Oregon Game Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Washington State @ Oregon Game Thread

Post by MFRDuckFan »

gofightingducks wrote:WOW Shinaba in at RB!

When Shinaba came in none of us in the stands knew who it was and I don't think the announcer knew either. Shinaba was explosive up the middle and did a pretty darn good job. Pretty fast. I was impressed.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Something I noticed........ I believe it was the first quarter, all of a sudden the Ducks were just hammering play after play on offense. Even faster than usual. Hurry up offense took on a whole new meaning. I don't know if many people noticed but the stadium got eerily quiet at that point because it was going so fast. I pictured that speed during the USC game coming up and know we'll probably be seeing more of it soon.

I noticed that Chip opened up the play book a bit last night to try some things out (i.e. that pitch to Dickson and he passed to Maehl which almost worked). When they were lining up for the next play, Dickson & Maehl came together and you could tell Dickson apologized for missing the mark. That play will come in handy if they can work out the timing.
dudefromor
Two Star Recruit

Post by dudefromor »

the game was sick!!! best brand of football i have ever seen bar none......stadium and city atmosphere to go along with the most exciting football team in the country IMO is un-describable.
"Jeremiah Masoli took home the game's offensive most outstanding player award and then broke into song. Kidding."
http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... ID=3640641
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:

When Shinaba came in none of us in the stands knew who it was and I don't think the announcer knew either. Shinaba was explosive up the middle and did a pretty darn good job. Pretty fast. I was impressed.
I was in the dorms with Shinaba last year, great guy, he came in ineligible for a year, due to a credit transfer issue from his high school in Canada, and lost his freshman year, so I was glad to see him get on the field.
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Brophdog88 wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:

I was in the dorms with Shinaba last year, great guy, he came in ineligible for a year, due to a credit transfer issue from his high school in Canada, and lost his freshman year, so I was glad to see him get on the field.
GoDucks.com has the video up and that kid has some good speed. I stayed for the whole game because I thought it was important for the fans to support the #1 backups & #2 backups. It was nice to see I wasn't alone plus, it's good to see what our future looks like!
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

It is always great to see walk-ons get some action. I have a lot of respect for walk-ons and how they persevere through the many challenges that scholarship players don't have to face.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

VinnyKnuckles wrote:It is always great to see walk-ons get some action. I have a lot of respect for walk-ons and how they persevere through the many challenges that scholarship players don't have to face.
Morgan Flint is the best example of a tenacious walk-on. My hat goes off to that kid!!!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Rory Cavaille is another guy you gotta respect a lot. Hopefully he can get back on track from the injury and have a good senior year.