Random question on Blount...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Random question on Blount...

Post by woundedknees »

Assuming LGB returns to active status (Obviously no guarantee there.)... If he is used in the same capacity as last season (Thunder back after LMJ and company wear the D down), how do you like the odds of him to put together a string of 100-120 yard games to end the season?

If he comes in fit, and ready to play, he will arguably be the healthiest, freshest Thunder Back in the country.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Random question on Blount...

Post by karlhungis »

woundedknees wrote:Assuming LGB returns to active status (Obviously no guarantee there.)... If he is used in the same capacity as last season (Thunder back after LMJ and company wear the D down), how do you like the odds of him to put together a string of 100-120 yard games to end the season?

If he comes in fit, and ready to play, he will arguably be the healthiest, freshest Thunder Back in the country.
Maybe but I doubt it. It seems like we are more committed to having a more balanced attack this year. I think we will be throwing the ball more which should lower LGB's numbers a bit. If we remain balanced and he is still getting 100-120 a game then we will probably be scoring 60 pts a game...

Just my .02
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Or simply running the ball to use up the clock, like this week.

It would be nice to see Costa's mop-up duties starting early every game.

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

woundedknees wrote:Or simply running the ball to use up the clock, like this week.

It would be nice to see Costa's mop-up duties starting early every game.
If we are just burning the clock like we did this week, do you think they would rely on LGB for that, or would they mainly be relying on Alston and Crenshaw?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
rcook
Two Star Recruit

Post by rcook »

Alston and Crenshaw would be doing that.

Aside from the circus, Blount is a legit NFL specimen/athlete. No one played well vs Boise. If or when he plays again this year, I expect him to be fit, fast, and a serious force to be reckoned with... Blount is an elite player without a doubt. Guys that are capable but not NFL capable get featured the most in games that we trying to run out the clock while sitting on a huge lead. Blount is not the guy for that.

Does not like war, fwiw
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Barring unforeseen circumstances, if Blount returns, I would expect him to be in the best condition of his career... Couple that with being fresh, late in the season, and he could put some serious hurt on defenses.

I still want to see James have a 1000 yard season.

wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Suppose Blount comes out against Stanford and posts crazy numbers in a win. I wonder if his return with proof of performance would give us a credit in the polls.
bmxryder507
Two Star Recruit

Post by bmxryder507 »

5 games 200 per he could get 1000 yards

Not saying its gonna happen but it could.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

If LGB does get back into the line up, I wouldnt expect Huge numbers out of him..He isnt over quick goin from zero to gettin open....He is very talented when he is in the open field, but it takes some time for him to get there..And I doubt we are gonna give up what is and has been successfully working, just to give him extra touches....That would hardly make any sense at all.