Anyone at the scrimmage?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Anyone at the scrimmage?

Post by duckduckgoose »

Is anyone going to the scrimmage this afternoon? I had to work but probably wouldn't have gone with the lack of capacity at Jesuit HS. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Anyone at the scrimmage?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'm here, still some seats left.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

It was pretty full but not as crowded as I expected it to be. It was great to see the ducks live but it's too bad they couldn't have had a PA guy or active scoreboard to keep everyone abreast of the goings on.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

How did they look?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

lukeyrid13 wrote:It was pretty full but not as crowded as I expected it to be. It was great to see the ducks live but it's too bad they couldn't have had a PA guy or active scoreboard to keep everyone abreast of the goings on.
Damn I didn't want to fight traffic and get turned away at the gate! After working all day I just wanted to sit and drink a beer. Had I known it wouldn't fill up I would have driven the 20 minutes to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

-Royce looked to be on another level from anyone else on the field
-Herbert was ok but didn't look like an all conference QB at least not yesterday
-Lovette will likely be our 4th receiver
-Graham likely starts next year and looks like the best frosh CB since cliff Harris
- the coaches, especially Joe S have a ton of energy.
- the energy seemed to pass onto the defense who were often congratulating each other and had about 4 huge hits
- Brady breeze could start next year. He looked good and has added a lot of muscle
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:-Royce looked to be on another level from anyone else on the field
-Herbert was ok but didn't look like an all conference QB at least not yesterday
-Graham likely starts next year and looks like the best frosh CB since cliff Harris
- the energy seemed to pass onto the defense who were often congratulating each other and had about 4 huge hits
- Brady breeze could start next year. He looked good and has added a lot of muscle
How about the new offense anything new that we aren't used to seeing from passed teams
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Some new offensive wrinkles include jet sweeps, toss sweep reads, and a couple power plays/sets that borrow heavily from Auburn, Clemson, and a couple other schools.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Pretty much exactly what greenyellow​ said. A few more jet sweeps and more h back in the backfield sets but I would say about 85% similar
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I've always thought that with all the speed guys like Nelson that the jet sweep would work especially with royce pounding them.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

McNeal got absolutely blown up on one jet sweep. Lovett's had some success on them and Nelson did one or two with moderate success. Had TBJ or Griffin been healthy I think they would have been out in that position as well
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Also, McNeal is tiny. Charles Nelson is noticeably bigger than him. McNeal is quick but he's gonna need Chuck's toughness if he wants to succeed.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya I've always wanted the ducks to run the jet sweeps in past seasons too with all the speed we've had.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:-Royce looked to be on another level from anyone else on the field
Agree^

Also would add a few things:
-Juwaan Williams looked good on one-one coverage a couple times. Starting to look like his sophomore self before he got hurt
-Braxton Burmeister made plays. It might not have always looked pretty, but you can see he has potential to make big things happen with the football in his hands. He is small though.
-Lovette looked natural at WR.
-Our DL had some very impressive stops. Cumberlander and Jelks had a couple big time pops.

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »