Last Chance U

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Last Chance U

Post by duckduckgoose »

Anyone watching the new season of Last Chance U on Netflix? For those who don’t know it’s the junior college in Mississippi that gave us Lagarrett Blount. It’s a pretty interesting look at small college football especially looking at it through a southern lens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Duck24
Senior

Re: Last Chance U

Post by Duck24 »

Saw the first season, haven't caught the second one yet. Their head coach is he scum of the earth though. Not many people below him on the totem pole of crap human beings.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yep I already finished season 2. I think it's a fascinating look at their version of college football.

My thoughts on the season
- Between Miss Brittany, the coaches, and the faculty, it takes a huge effort NOT to qualify and move on to the next level. The adults put forth so much time and effort and probably skirt the rules at some points(they mention blatant cheating at one point). The RB from season one, who had a kid back home but was 'doing it for his son' failed to qualify for UAB despite everyone literally dragging him to and from his classes.
- Deandre Johnson is really impressive on and off the field. Maybe I'm alone, but I feel like his situation and Mixon's were very different and I totally understand why FSU released him but I would gladly have taken him at UO knowing how he is behind the scenes. Kiffin got a steal.
- Ditto for the Texas Tech trasnfer, Dakota Allen. His interest in both school and the bible studies seemed totally genuine and he seems to have matured a ton through his glaring mistake.
- Kam Carter is a total POS if you ask me. He does struggle with bi-polar or depression I believe but that doesn't excuse his lack of human emotions at all. I think a ton of his issues stem from his mom leaving him with his uncle but he is an addition by subtraction on any football team at any level despite his talents.
- I think Marcus Wood deserves more credit for their success than Buddy Stephens. He is the one who runs their offense which has been their reason for dominance. He is also the one who connects with them on and off the field. He is a true mentor IMO and genuinely cares about the guys succeeding. The last comment(s) that Buddy made were totally reprehensible. I don't think he's a good head coach. All he wants are HIS titles and HIS wins. He's petulant and selfish.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Just finished Season 2. Stephens is scum. There's a reason why everyone distances themselves from him. He uses people and will dispose of you when he no longer needs you. His "caring" act is all a bunch of BS. When he brought up Marcus' ex-wife during their last game...holy s***, that is something only a terrible person would do.

Lots of these dudes have serious mental issues. I guess that's what happens when they grow up in the environments they grew up in.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Just finished the second season. Buddy Stephens is a real POS.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/last-ch ... ippi-lions

Season 3 is going to follow Independence CC in Kansas.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Buddy isn't to far out of the ordinary among football coaches.. There's a lot more coaches like him than you would think.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I would've liked to see a 3rd season there and see how he they do with all the changes but I'm glad that clown is not getting a platform again.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

FlDuckFan wrote:Buddy isn't to far out of the ordinary among football coaches.. There's a lot more coaches like him than you would think.
I don't doubt it, but that doesn't mean I have to liek it.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:Buddy isn't to far out of the ordinary among football coaches.. There's a lot more coaches like him than you would think.
I don't doubt it, but that doesn't mean I have to liek it.
Oh I agree with you. I'm not a fan of the guy but love the premise of the show.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

How's Hard Knocks compare to Last Chance U? I've never watched it.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

StevensTechU wrote:Just finished the second season. Buddy Stephens is a real POS.

Isn't that where Cam Newton went? I could be wrong but I think they're right up there with East Mississippi as the main powers of JUCO football.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Just finished the second season. Buddy Stephens is a real POS.

Isn't that where Cam Newton went? I could be wrong but I think they're right up there with East Mississippi as the main powers of JUCO football.
Cam went to Blinn, LeGarrette Blount went to EMCC.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Yep I was thinking of Blinn
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

They are changing schools for next season.