Glad we aren't chanting Rose Bowl yet

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Glad we aren't chanting Rose Bowl yet

Post by UOducksTK1 »

And even if we beat USC, I hope we don't start the chant..

Oregon (10) 4-0 6-1
USC (4) 3-1 6-1
Arizona (23) 3-1 5-2
Stanford 4-2 5-3
Oregon State 2-2 4-3

We still haven't faced the 4 best teams in the conference. We have the talent to win out, but it's definitely not going to be easy.

Let's just not be like the barkrats and get too excited before it's all said and done.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Glad we aren't chanting Rose Bowl yet

Post by woundedknees »

A wise man once said, "It ain't over til it's over", and I heartily agree.

The 2007 season is great proof of that.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yeah, if Oregon does end up in the Rose Bowl, they definitely will have earned it. Of course first things first with USC, but I'm nervous about the road games at Arizona and Stanford. Even if we beat USC, Arizona is waiting in the wings, although Arizona has some tough games left including USC and Cal.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:And even if we beat USC, I hope we don't start the chant..

Oregon (10) 4-0 6-1
USC (4) 3-1 6-1
Arizona (23) 3-1 5-2
Stanford 4-2 5-3
Oregon State 2-2 4-3

We still haven't faced the 4 best teams in the conference. We have the talent to win out, but it's definitely not going to be easy.

Let's just not be like the barkrats and get too excited before it's all said and done.
The earliest we could theoretically start chanting it is after the Arizona game if we are still undefeated or only have 1 loss that isn't to USC or Arizona. Until we see our name on the BCS selection show, I won't feel confident in guaranteeing Oregon is in the Rose Bowl. There is just too much season left to start.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Ya, i hope we dont start chanting rose bowl after USC game. Dont want to end up heart breaking like Beavers did when we gave them beatdown and took away rose bowl from them.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I will settle for a chant of "Under-Rated... Let's Go Ducks!"

Somehow, that seems more appropriate.

Roses may be considered in order for the CW, assuming the berth is clinched at that time.

I would rather not hear the Rose Bowl chant em until the Beavz are laid to rest.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

How about if the band led all of us in a mock USC war chant after we win..."Done...da, da, da, da, da...da done" The whole crowd could be doing the mock "V" with their fingers...that would be awesome!
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Its going to be a very interesting/crazy next six weeks. When you look at the upcoming schedules for the top three teams all three have at least three tough games left. SC may have the most favorable remaining schedule as aside from Oregon their tough remaining games are at home. UA has three challenging road games coming up and we have two. The PAC10 is going to really be beating up on each other over this stretch. It would be crazy if our BCS chances came down to the OSU game. Imagine how wild Autzen would be on that day!

But for now its USC and Win the Day! Go Ducks!
duckscribe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckscribe »

We should chant WIN THE DAY! instead. Long road ahead after we beat the Trojans. Stanford won't be easy, Arizona schools loom. Then the Barkrats. I believe and am O POSITIVE we will win each day.
Do you need a transfusion of GREEN O Positive?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:And even if we beat USC, I hope we don't start the chant..

Oregon (10) 4-0 6-1
USC (4) 3-1 6-1
Arizona (23) 3-1 5-2
Stanford 4-2 5-3
Oregon State 2-2 4-3

I totally agree. I think I learned my lesson back in 2007 when I was purusing the internet looking for airline & hotel pricing to go to the NC. I still know deep in my heart we would have gone all the way....... I still can't seem to get over it. Oh well.

I am going to take Chips point of view and only look at one game at a time. Especially after the lesson the sheep learned last year.
VinnyKnuckles
Four Star Recruit

Post by VinnyKnuckles »

duckscribe wrote:We should chant WIN THE DAY!
Nice idea. That would be cool if they could get the entire stadium to chant that after the Ducks win.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I am not making any definite plans yet. We do have very big games left. USC is gonna be a very tough game. I do think hopefully with fingers crossed that if do beat USC then beat Stanford by that time we will have enough of a lead with 3 games left afterwards that should be safe. No we cant assume will be give the past history with our luck. USC going to be a huge challenge. We can not make the mistakes we seem to make every week. The high snaps.. the muffed punts.. the stupid penalties like personal fouls holding.. blocks in the back etc etc. USC is without a doubt the best team we will face on the remaining schedule. We have them at home and hope the crowd is as loud as ever been recorded.. WIN THE DAY AND MAKE ALL OF US OREGON DUCK FANS PROWD .... and one very very last thing have to say.. GOOOOOOOOOOO DUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I still know deep in my heart we would have gone all the way....... I still can't seem to get over it. Oh well.
You're not the only one :cry: .... until we win a NC this feeling will never go away...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

woundedknees wrote:A wise man once said, "It ain't over til it's over", and I heartily agree.

The 2007 season is great proof of that.

lol, "they give you cash, it's as good as real money."