Mark Helfrich

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Mark Helfrich

Post by maxduck »

Source tells FootballScoop Chip Kelly has offered UCLA offensive coordinator role to Mark Helfrich. There have been reports that Helfrich is a candidate for the head coaching position at Arizona but that process is ongoing. Will update when a decision is made.
Madsduck
One Star Recruit

Re: Mark Helfrich

Post by Madsduck »

I hope Helf gets the head gig at AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Chip and Helf at UCLA would be deadly. Ya hope he goes to Arizona too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Sounds like if Zona hires Les Miles, he'd bring Hugh Freeze with him as OC. That could potentially be a killer combo with Tate as their QB.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Kind of funny how much Helfrich gets dogged on here, but then all of a sudden when it looks like he will get either an HC or OC job at another Pac school, people start to get nervous.

Personally, I wish we could get him back to Oregon as OC. I have a terrible feeling we are getting stuck with coaches who don't know how to run an offense while the guy we fired is getting a chance to ram his 'worst coaching ever' right down our throats.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:Kind of funny how much Helfrich gets dogged on here, but then all of a sudden when it looks like he will get either an HC or OC job at another Pac school, everyone gets nervous.

Personally, I wish we could get him back to Oregon as OC. I have a terrible feeling we are getting stuck with coaches who don't know how to run an offense while the guy we fired is getting a chance to ram his 'worst coaching ever' right down our throats.
He gets dogged for being a bad HC, not a bad OC/QB coach. I think most people can agree he got moved up one spot too far for his skillset/personality.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Kind of funny how much Helfrich gets dogged on here, but then all of a sudden when it looks like he will get either an HC or OC job at another Pac school, everyone gets nervous.

He gets dogged for being a bad HC, not a bad OC/QB coach. I think most people can agree he got moved up one spot too far for his skillset/personality.
Yup.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Yup.
Not knocking Helfrich at all, but under Chip it was Chips offense. He made most of the calls.
Helf did have a lot of imput and game planned. Did a good job as OC.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:Sounds like if Zona hires Les Miles, he'd bring Hugh Freeze with him as OC. That could potentially be a killer combo with Tate as their QB.
That doesn't scare me in the slightest. This guy's will be a huge disappointment without the SEC talent pool. It's a better combo than the abortion at ASU but that isnt saying much.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

greenyellow wrote:

this is my take, too.

his work with thomas and mariotta won him a pair of national QB Coach of the Year awards, didn't it?
ImageImageImageImageImage
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Heflirch is more of coordinator than head coach.

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Why would zona bring in Hugh freeze after what just went down with Rich Rod? A coach who had an affair and was shady and skirting rules and ethics?
Madsduck
One Star Recruit

Post by Madsduck »

I liked Helf and wished him the best as our HC, it just didn’t work out. I just don’t want to see him reunited with Chip. He did very well as his OC.

GrantDuck
Senior

ESPN reporting chip offered Helfrich the Oc job...

Post by GrantDuck »

interesting...
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Re: ESPN reporting chip offered Helfrich the Oc job...

Post by stlDUCKfan »