Luke Heimlich

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Luke Heimlich

Post by Alan »

Started for the Beavs yesterday and got the win. Any thoughts? Not really after Beaver bashing, just thoughts on Beavs quietly putting a sex offender back on the team.
Alan
Senior

Re: Luke Heimlich

Post by Alan »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
Alan wrote:Started for the Beavs yesterday and got the win. Any thoughts? Not really after Beaver bashing, just thoughts on Beavs quietly putting a sex offender back on the team.
Give the kid a break, haven't we all fingered our 9 year old cousins at some point in our lives?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
No! And you should read the police report....
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

it is... not at all surprising that he’s still on the team if you know pat casey.
ImageImageImageImageImage
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Alan wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:
Alan wrote:Started for the Beavs yesterday and got the win. Any thoughts? Not really after Beaver bashing, just thoughts on Beavs quietly putting a sex offender back on the team.
Give the kid a break, haven't we all fingered our 9 year old cousins at some point in our lives?

Sarcasm bro, sarcasm.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

pudgejeff wrote:
Alan wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:

Sarcasm bro, sarcasm.
Yea got that, just didn't find it appropriate. JMO
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

What he did was really bad, but wasn't he also like 13 or 14? Doesn't make it remotely ok, I have two young daughters myself and I would be beyond livid if something similar happened. I'm honestly not sure how long it should follow him though when you consider he was likely a middle schooler.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:What he did was really bad, but wasn't he also like 13 or 14? Doesn't make it remotely ok, I have two young daughters myself and I would be beyond livid if something similar happened. I'm honestly not sure how long it should follow him though when you consider he was likely a middle schooler.
Thanks for the great response, what I wasn't trying to get from others was how far does win at all cost go? You're correct he was a young teen at the time and I believe it was his niece, but it was ........ well within his knowledge of how far it went for his age. Not saying he shouldn't or should be on the team, just wondering how far is too far for win at all cost?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Interesting tidbit: Luke's brother, Caleb, recently got elected as chairman of the Washington State Republican Party.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/poli ... 11424.html
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Goes another draft without getting picked. Interesting to talk about forgiveness, redemption, etc, but when the rubber meets the road, teams are extremely hesitant to sign up a guy who could draw the ire of anti-abuse advocates. Terrible situation.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Japan?
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

One thing to consider is many children that molest other children do so because they are victims of sexual abuse themselves. I’m not making excuses for the kid, but just something to possibly take into account.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

got bombed at the world series and beats lost
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

cordy02c wrote:got bombed at the world series and beats lost
He didn't really get bombed, but he was certainly off, hit batters and had no control. He was pulled after 2 and 1/3. But the whole beaver team was off, lucky it was as close as it was. On to the losers bracket Monday afternoon.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

I find it interesting that a convicted murderer can get a second chance at life but this kid can't catch a break in baseball.
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

In fairness, nobody is saying he can't make a living, just not playing baseball. I don't know how I feel about that, but it might help if he got the forgiveness and blessing of the parents of the relative that he abused. It seems kind of telling that the mom still has a problem with him.