GM Lounge

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Re: GM Lounge

Post by FlDuckFan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:Completely random question, but I seem to be missing it if the option is available.

Is there a way to receive emails whenever I get a private message? To go with all of my other emails from this damn site when it keeps watching random topics I clicked on! :lol:
Good question, I don't think so, but I'd have to look into it more.
This is why I gave a few of the other GM's my cell #. Much easier to communicate and I'm less likely to get busy and forget to reply to a message.
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

FlDuckFan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
The Bean Regime wrote:Completely random question, but I seem to be missing it if the option is available.

Is there a way to receive emails whenever I get a private message? To go with all of my other emails from this damn site when it keeps watching random topics I clicked on! :lol:
This is why I gave a few of the other GM's my cell #. Much easier to communicate and I'm less likely to get busy and forget to reply to a message.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

I used to recieve emails when I got private messages but it just stopped one day. This was around the time the league started.
catch 922
Four Star Recruit
GM: Washington Bullets GM

Post by catch 922 »

Does anyone else feel like the game weighs home court advantage a little much? Like I'm currently 7-9 on the road but 15-3 at home.

Is that just a matter of I need a better game plan?
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

catch 922 wrote:Does anyone else feel like the game weighs home court advantage a little much? Like I'm currently 7-9 on the road but 15-3 at home.

Is that just a matter of I need a better game plan?
From my limited knowledge I think rebounding plays a role in that
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Predictions for 2nd half of season:

Bucks & Celtics battle for the 1 seed in the East & Heat make the playoffs

Clippers finish a game or two behind the Kings and the TWolves get the 4 seed
Oregon Ownage
All-American

Post by Oregon Ownage »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:lol
Can we just reset the league already?
A whole nother conversation, but why? If a league is running strong and is active, I say keep it rolling.
i guess a disagree with the running strong, it for is still active but I wouldn't consider it strong at all right now.
If people post DCs, respond to PMs, and are around for FA/Draft, I'm happy.
I would argue it is stronger now than when I took over simming with the number of "active" GM's we have.

Pudge, your mood changed when Kyrie left town and you seem to have checked out. I could be wrong and im not throwing shade but just an observation from a fellow GM standpoint. That could also be a factor of your team doing a long rebuild and players in the league are currently entering high school so familiarity will be low.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Oregon Ownage wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:lol
Can we just reset the league already?
A whole nother conversation, but why? If a league is running strong and is active, I say keep it rolling.
i guess a disagree with the running strong, it for is still active but I wouldn't consider it strong at all right now.
If people post DCs, respond to PMs, and are around for FA/Draft, I'm happy.
I would argue it is stronger now than when I took over simming with the number of "active" GM's we have.

Pudge, your mood changed when Kyrie left town and you seem to have checked out. I could be wrong and im not throwing shade but just an observation from a fellow GM standpoint. That could also be a factor of your team doing a long rebuild and players in the league are currently entering high school so familiarity will be low.
I'm here and around, I respond to all pm's and post DC's. I put up blocks and or post's in the trade discussion. There's just not a lot to be doing during the rebuild. I'm not sure what is "checked out" about me? To me it just seems with as you said the familiarity with the players is causing the types of trades we are seeing as players are valuing named commodities and reaching because they "know" those players. I would agree the league is active, but I would say it's not all that competitive.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

But would a restart make it more competitive?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:But would a restart make it more competitive?
I guess that's an assumption I'm making, I've never been a part of one that restarted.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:But would a restart make it more competitive?
I guess that's an assumption I'm making, I've never been a part of one that restarted.
It'd be nice to see some more seasoned GMs join if we restarted. Heck I'm not even opposed to having two leagues, one with vets and one with some of the newer guys. And guys can move up after they proved themselves. Unfortunately, finding 60 guys could be hard. :lol:

Would be fun though!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
The Bean Regime
Senior
GM: Minnesota Timberwolves GM

Post by The Bean Regime »

Figured I'd share a quick excel file I made. It just calculates the per 36 stats of your roster. To use it, go to your roster page, copy from the first player's ID to the last player's 3PT% under the team's "Player's Statistics" section on the main team page, and then just click on cell B3 and paste. Can do single players as well, just copy the player's ID through 3PT%, and paste it under B3-B16.

Used to just use a calculator, and that was kind of a pain.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvxmSqo_WkK_pyq9xSgEmA6412ty

It is read only, so you'll have to download it. It auto saves if any edit is made to it through the link (the editable one) so unfortunately you'll need Excel. Tried both OneDrive and Google Drive to see if there was a way to make it editable but not saveable, but didn't see anything. It'd be nice, as otherwise you could use it right in the link. Of course you could save it to your Onedrive and keep a link like that (I believe).

EDIT: Made minor changes. One of the alignments for a single row was right for some reason instead of left. And then I changed the minutes of the per 36 to actually say 36 instead of just repeating the player's MPG (can't believe I missed that). Nothing that actually affected the functionality of the sheet at all.

I appreciate the nice comments made about it!
Last edited by The Bean Regime on Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nray30
Four Star Recruit
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by nray30 »

The Bean Regime wrote:Figured I'd share a quick excel file I made. It just calculates the per 36 stats of your roster. To use it, go to your roster page, copy from the first player's ID to the last player's 3PT% under the team's "Player's Statistics" section on the main team page, and then just click on cell B3 and paste. Can do single players as well, just copy the player's ID through 3PT%, and paste it under B3-B16.

It is read only, so you'll have to download it. It auto saves if any edit is made to it through the link (the editable one) so unfortunately you'll need Excel. Tried both OneDrive and Google Drive to see if there was a way to make it editable but not saveable, but didn't see anything. It'd be nice, as otherwise you could use it right in the link. Of course you could save it to your Onedrive and keep a link like that (I believe).
This is awesome and extremely helpful, thanks!!!
BucksGM
Five Star Recruit
GM: Milwaukee Bucks

Post by BucksGM »

The Bean Regime wrote:Figured I'd share a quick excel file I made. It just calculates the per 36 stats of your roster. To use it, go to your roster page, copy from the first player's ID to the last player's 3PT% under the team's "Player's Statistics" section on the main team page, and then just click on cell B3 and paste. Can do single players as well, just copy the player's ID through 3PT%, and paste it under B3-B16.

Thanks Bean
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Awesome sheet thank you.