NIT: Rider @ Oregon (Tues 7 PM ESPN3)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: NIT: Rider @ Oregon (Tues 7 PM ESPN3)

Post by Phenom »

Victor Bailey showing why he should have gotten more PT.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:Victor Bailey showing why he should have gotten more PT.
For every game like this, he had like 2-3 afterward where he disappeared due to bad decisions or poor shot selection.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

greenyellow wrote:
For every game like this, he had like 2-3 afterward where he disappeared due to bad decisions or poor shot selection.
So, he played like Elijah Brown in every game?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Merganzer wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
He was playing well to begin the year but then either hit a freshman wall or lost confidence.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Wow watching the USC game and Metu is sitting out the game to prevent injury awaiting the NBA. Wonder if he would have sat out of the NCAA tourney?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Phenom wrote:
Merganzer wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
He was playing well to begin the year but then either hit a freshman wall or lost confidence.
Yes, a freshman, lost confidence, hit a wall, could not find rhythm because of not getting consistent PT, as opposed to a senior, son of NBA coach, who consistently took bad shots and made poor decisions.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
Yes and it's exactly why he should have been playing all along. Experience comes from playing. Except for Elijah Brown apparently...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

good to Victor having a big game, ducks need to limit the turnovers going further. On the fast breaks in the second half they seemed to turn it over most of those possessions, or got lucky where Rider just missed some others.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i made a post yesterday or the day before saying i had a bad feeling about this game, and i thought i was spot-on after the first half... we looked like a team that did NOT want to board a plane and fly cross-country to extend the season one more game, whereas rider was talking about this potentially being the biggest win their program's history... but what a pleasant surprise in the second half by bailey. and pritch had a well-deserved bounce back.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

oregontrack wrote:i made a post yesterday or the day before saying i had a bad feeling about this game, and i thought i was spot-on after the first half... we looked like a team that did NOT want to board a plane and fly cross-country to extend the season one more game, whereas rider was talking about this potentially being the biggest win their program's history... but what a pleasant surprise in the second half by bailey. and pritch had a well-deserved bounce back.
Bailey was a pleasant surprise. But I still don't know if Oregon is a team that "wants" to board a plane and fly to Wisconsin, if Marquette beats Harvard, or is even really interested in playing another home game, if Harvard beats Marquette. This season every game has looked and felt like it was the first game.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Cool to see VJ do that and hopefully it's a sign of things to come for next year.

For the life of me can't figure out why anyone would draft Troy Brown at this point.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

athletic 6'7 kids who can handle the ball are in high demand. worst case (or best case, depending on your point of view) brown will slip to the bottom of the 1st to a contender who can afford to develop him for awhile before unleashing a 6'7 point guard upon the world.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck wrote:Cool to see VJ do that and hopefully it's a sign of things to come for next year.

For the life of me can't figure out why anyone would draft Troy Brown at this point.
From the post-game interview, it sounds like the coaches worked on getting Bailey's shot fixed, namely getting some arc on it after noticing he was basically line-driving shots.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

greenyellow wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:Cool to see VJ do that and hopefully it's a sign of things to come for next year.

From the post-game interview, it sounds like the coaches worked on getting Bailey's shot fixed, namely getting some arc on it after noticing he was basically line-driving shots.
Whatever they did, it worked. Maybe they should try that on everyone else not named Payton Pritchard.

Speaking of line-drive shots.........remember Jamar Curry? That guy would jump like 4 feet in the air, lean back, and fire shots on a rope at 100mph from three point range. I swear the ball never peaked above 9’11”. Then....somehow...the ball would slam into the front of the rim, lose all its momentum, and bounce over and in. I always liked that dude!!!!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Hopefully Harvard beats Marquette so we don't have to travel for the next game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13