Oregon @ Washington (Duck lose series 2-1)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon @ Washington (Duck lose series 2-1)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

APR 13 (FRI) 4:00 PM PT
APR 14 (SAT) 2:00 PM PT
APR 15 (SUN) 2:00 PM PT

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Fri-Sun Pac-12 Networks)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Watching game 1, surprised it’s going on with the rain. Normally baseball is a gentleman’s sport, but not when the Washington Huskies are involved. They have a very obnoxious dugout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

It seems like the obnoxious and classless Husky dugout is getting in Mercer’s head. Washington gets the first run in B1 off of a wild pitch.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Ducks lose 1-2 courtesy of a sloppy first inning from Mercer. Not sure if the rain bothered him or if the obnoxious Husky dugout got in his head, but take away his sloppy first inning and he pitched a brilliant game. Also outside of Gabe Matthews the hitting was awful today, but that very well could’ve been because of great pitching from Washington. I always hate it a lot when the Ducks lose to those stupid Huskies!

cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

I'll say it till I'm blue in the face Horton needs to go. It's like they are the definition of insanity
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Ducks win game 2 6-4 after 13 innings. Game 3 will be in about 30 min, let’s take the series ducks!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Oregon @ Washington (Fri-Sun Pac-12 Networks)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Ducks lose game 3 0-4. Doesn’t seem like too many people care about Oregon baseball again, is that mostly because of how much better softball is?

cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

because until we get rid of Horton nobody will care because nobody wants to watch a bad product
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

I've given up caring about UO baseball a few years ago.
The team is just bad at hitting and unbalanced. Same script every year.
And for whatever reason, everyone gives Horton all the excuses in the world to stay. So I just leave it, if they have fans, I guess they are happy with mediocracy every year.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

the problem was, is, and will always continue to be that all probability dictates that we're going to have a mediocre baseball program regardless if horton is around or not.

i can prove it, too.

name two northern/wet weather schools that have baseball programs that are better than mediocre. i'll name the first: oregon state. now try to name the other.

you can't.

pat kilkenny was goaded into bringing back a sport where we have almost zero chance at sustained success because oregon state got really good and he got jealous. the problem is that a bunch of duck fans got duped just like kilkenny did and they think because oregon state is good at something, we can be good, too. but truckloads of empirical data suggest otherwise.

i have done ZERO research for this, but: we've had eight consecutive winning seasons (above .500), and we're more than likely going to finish above .500 again this year, too. that's nine straight winning season. i would be willing to bet, among northern/wet weather schools, nine straight winning seasons is the second longest such streak nationally, behind oregon state.

now, i'm not telling you that you need to be happy with those nine consecutive winning seasons, but:

you may hate horton, and you may think he's run this program into mediocre-ville (and you might be right!), but we are so much better than a team from a wet weather state should really be.
ImageImageImageImageImage
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

oregontrack wrote:the problem was, is, and will always continue to be that all probability dictates that we're going to have a mediocre baseball program regardless if horton is around or not.

i can prove it, too.

name two northern/wet weather schools that have baseball programs that are better than mediocre. i'll name the first: oregon state. now try to name the other.

you can't.

pat kilkenny was goaded into bringing back a sport where we have almost zero chance at sustained success because oregon state got really good and he got jealous. the problem is that a bunch of duck fans got duped just like kilkenny did and they think because oregon state is good at something, we can be good, too. but truckloads of empirical data suggest otherwise.

i have done ZERO research for this, but: we've had eight consecutive winning seasons (above .500), and we're more than likely going to finish above .500 again this year, too. that's nine straight winning season. i would be willing to bet, among northern/wet weather schools, nine straight winning seasons is the second longest such streak nationally, behind oregon state.

now, i'm not telling you that you need to be happy with those nine consecutive winning seasons, but:

you may hate horton, and you may think he's run this program into mediocre-ville (and you might be right!), but we are so much better than a team from a wet weather state should really be.
I know they’re different sports, but the softball team seems to have done pretty good despite being in a wet weather state.

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

several northern schools have. washington and michigan have won national championships in recent years. totally different sports.

if you're a major prospect in softball, you sign with a major conference school. in baseball, you either go pro or sign where it's warm. that's why schools like fullerton and coastal carolina and fresno state have won national championships in recent years, and why the last wet-weather school NOT named oregon state to make it to omaha was the university of maine, back in 1986.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

So, before Track uncovered some data I was going along with the dump Horton crowd, but following up with some research, comparing the Ducks to the Huskies, Ducks look pretty good. Since 2009, overall the Ducks are 341-238, Huskies, 268-258. In conference play, where the Ducks started with a 4-23 record, the Huskies lead, 142-141 to 135-141 for the Ducks. When it comes to the College World Series, Oregon has 5 appearances, with one Super Regional, the Huskies have two appearances. From '10-'15, overall, the Ducks 249-130, and '16-current, 88-66
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Duck lose series 2-1)

Post by shoparound »

So why should anyone bother to care for baseball then if the weather predicts we will never be good?
I guess no one really does though...