WAC hires PR Firm....

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Re: WAC hires PR Firm....

Post by uo2010 »

gofightingducks wrote:Almost the entire country from fans to coaches to sports writers look at the game as a fluke. Inexperienced o-line on blue turf, overhyped, bad game plan, etc. and they still barely won. Oregon would easily beat Boise State today, even on the smurf turf! Oregon will leap Boise State in the polls if not this week they almost certainly will in 2 weeks if they beat Arizona. Sucks to be a good team in a crappy conference that plays a crappy schedule that has only beaten a handful (if that) of good teams the last decade, Boise State needs to get things in order (academics, other sports teams, etc.) and move to a better conference before they can be taken serious.
If BSU gets passed up for a BCS game it will because of ticket sales and tv ratings, and not because of their schedule. For example Penn State has played an extremely week schedule, and if they win out their best win would be against a three loss tOSU without another quality opponent, but would get picked over BSU potentially.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Wow, I'm speechless. So let me get this straight. The only point they really are making is that they beat us. So you're whole PR campaign is based on throwing us under the bus and how you kept us under our usual high statistics. It was the first game of the season and you didn't beat us by much. Hmmmmm......

The PR firm is getting big bucks for sending out a bunch of emails and arranging for some meetings. Man, where do I sign up!!!

I would think that the PR firm could come up with a bit more meat. It will backfire on you if you sound whiny and annoy people with constant email blasts. Oh boy, this could be fun to watch. If I worked for them, I think a bit more brainstorming would be in order.
What the heck would you do if you were them? They have ONE quality win. It just so happens that it is the highest quality win of any team in the nation. That is there only compelling point for getting a BCS bid so of course they are going to focus on that. The reason they talk about holding us under our usually high statistics is because the game wasnt nearly as close as the score would lead someone who didnt watch the game to believe.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

uo2010 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:Almost the entire country from fans to coaches to sports writers look at the game as a fluke. Inexperienced o-line on blue turf, overhyped, bad game plan, etc. and they still barely won. Oregon would easily beat Boise State today, even on the smurf turf! Oregon will leap Boise State in the polls if not this week they almost certainly will in 2 weeks if they beat Arizona. Sucks to be a good team in a crappy conference that plays a crappy schedule that has only beaten a handful (if that) of good teams the last decade, Boise State needs to get things in order (academics, other sports teams, etc.) and move to a better conference before they can be taken serious.
If BSU gets passed up for a BCS game it will because of ticket sales and tv ratings, and not because of their schedule. For example Penn State has played an extremely week schedule, and if they win out their best win would be against a three loss tOSU without another quality opponent, but would get picked over BSU potentially.
True but even though the Big Ten is down, it is still a much better conference then the WAC.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

uo2010 wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:Wow, I'm speechless. So let me get this straight. The only point they really are making is that they beat us. So you're whole PR campaign is based on throwing us under the bus and how you kept us under our usual high statistics. It was the first game of the season and you didn't beat us by much. Hmmmmm......

The PR firm is getting big bucks for sending out a bunch of emails and arranging for some meetings. Man, where do I sign up!!!

I would think that the PR firm could come up with a bit more meat. It will backfire on you if you sound whiny and annoy people with constant email blasts. Oh boy, this could be fun to watch. If I worked for them, I think a bit more brainstorming would be in order.
What the heck would you do if you were them? They have ONE quality win. It just so happens that it is the highest quality win of any team in the nation. That is there only compelling point for getting a BCS bid so of course they are going to focus on that. The reason they talk about holding us under our usually high statistics is because the game wasnt nearly as close as the score would lead someone who didnt watch the game to believe.

And that is why the win wasn't very impressive, because it was the first game of the season at home against a very inexperienced offensive and defensive line, they should have blown Oregon out, yet they played really crappy themselves and if not for turnovers by Oregon when they were driving, Boise State probably would have lost. Boise State is a good team but whoever they play in a BCS game they will most likely lose, but I think because they went undefeated, even though it was against terrible teams they deserve to go to a BCS game.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

gofightingducks wrote:
uo2010 wrote:

And that is why the win wasn't very impressive, because it was the first game of the season at home against a very inexperienced offensive and defensive line, they should have blown Oregon out, yet they played really crappy themselves and if not for turnovers by Oregon when they were driving, Boise State probably would have lost. Boise State is a good team but whoever they play in a BCS game they will most likely lose, but I think because they went undefeated, even though it was against terrible teams they deserve to go to a BCS game.
Well that is was not my point. I was addressing MFRDuckFan who said that Boise's PR firm could do a better job than just saying how they beat us and did so badly. Whether or not that would be the case today, or whether the selection committee should discount that win because it was the first game of the season is irrelevant. It is still the most impressive (and only)thing they have on their resume or anyone else in the country for that matter. So of course they are going to bring up beating us and how our offense couldnt do anything. They would be idiots if they didnt. But apparently MFRDuckFan is smatter than a multi million dollar PR firm. Maybe she thinks they should bring up that they beat Fresno :roll:
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

uo2010 wrote:Well that is was not my point. I was addressing MFRDuckFan who said that Boise's PR firm could do a better job than just saying how they beat us and did so badly. Whether or not that would be the case today, or whether the selection committee should discount that win because it was the first game of the season is irrelevant. It is still the most impressive (and only)thing they have on their resume or anyone else in the country for that matter. So of course they are going to bring up beating us and how our offense couldnt do anything. They would be idiots if they didnt. But apparently MFRDuckFan is smatter than a multi million dollar PR firm. Maybe she thinks they should bring up that they beat Fresno :roll:

They should. Fresno is 32 in the country according to Sagarin. Sadly the next opponent on the list comes up in the high 70's. Guess who that is? If you guessed Tulsa, you would be wrong. They are 82. Bowling Green would be correct. Good luck finding more positives than UO and Fresno.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

uo2010 wrote:

As a PR professional, I would recommend a different point of attack. Talk about statistics & the quality of your team, but if all you have to talk about is Oregon....then you sound like a whiner and the media will find you boring. The big question is why hire a PR firm at all? Also, why didn't you hire them when you screwed up on the Hout situation?? They choked the chicken on that one by looking weak. I can bet you that cost them lots of media points by not suspending Hout. Oh well...you live & learn.