Re: I'm glad we lost to Boise

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Pro = LaMichael.

That's all that needs to be said
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

:o I disagree :? ...I think that if the ducks had pulled out a squeaker against Boise...Chip would have figured things out and we would still be rolling and undefeated....sorry it's just faulty logic to say:
well...we lost the first game and we lost a player after that game... and now we are playing really well...so the reason we are playing really well is because we lost that game, and that player...
I mean I know LJ is really good and we might not have seen so much of him, but just because Blount was bad in the Boise game doesn't mean he would have continued to suck it up....the whole team was pretty crappy in that game and none of them are playing that way now?

Our team would be in a much better situation right now if they had not lost to Boise...
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
addictedtoquack wrote:Care to name the pros?? lol
Do I really need to? The team was so close to a train wreck, I think many people on this board were ready to abandon the season. But rather than curl up and die, they decided they had what it takes to compete, and well, so far the results speak for themselves. I honestly don't think the team would be anywhere close to this level of play had they not overcome the kind of chaos at the beginning of the season.
I hate this argument. "Boise State made us win" is bullshit, and here's why: did you see our next two games? We almost lost to PURDUE, then played a sub-par game to beat a decent Utah team. It's not like Boise State woke us up. If anything, Purdue did. Honestly, Boise State was just a disaster, both at the time and in retrospect.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
addictedtoquack wrote:Care to name the pros?? lol
Do I really need to? The team was so close to a train wreck, I think many people on this board were ready to abandon the season. But rather than curl up and die, they decided they had what it takes to compete, and well, so far the results speak for themselves. I honestly don't think the team would be anywhere close to this level of play had they not overcome the kind of chaos at the beginning of the season.
Wouldn't it have been better though if they were playing at this level and had not lost to BSU?
Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

Post by Greydrake »

BSU was a reality check for for the team. There was too much hype and expectation on that team that we could reload almost all of our offensive line and just roll on. Unrealistic.
Wasn't to be. Oklahoma, ended up in the same boat, and look how that turned out losing their qb because of an inability to protect him.

Look at the numbers of rushing through those the season and you see the progression until it gels with Cal.

Was it a good thing we lost there, no...the events though induced the team to understand that they needed to focus on improvement each and every day. But that already was Kelly's motto.
Win the Day.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Do I really need to? The team was so close to a train wreck, I think many people on this board were ready to abandon the season. But rather than curl up and die, they decided they had what it takes to compete, and well, so far the results speak for themselves. I honestly don't think the team would be anywhere close to this level of play had they not overcome the kind of chaos at the beginning of the season.

Whoaaaaa, easy there big fella... speak for yourself on this one. :roll:

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

The pros do not outweigh the cons because all of the pros are speculative... Try to prove that the pros wouldn't have happened but for the loss, don't just "feel it."
uodux1212 wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:Do I really need to? The team was so close to a train wreck, I think many people on this board were ready to abandon the season. But rather than curl up and die, they decided they had what it takes to compete, and well, so far the results speak for themselves. I honestly don't think the team would be anywhere close to this level of play had they not overcome the kind of chaos at the beginning of the season.

No one has to speak for themselves on this board, because I do know specific "fans" who completely decided to forgo watching the games this year just because of the Boise game. But really, it's only too bad for them. Kinda like the people who left early from the Oklahoma game. They're really the ones who ultimately lose out.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

will5 wrote:The pros do not outweigh the cons because all of the pros are speculative... Try to prove that the pros wouldn't have happened but for the loss, don't just "feel it."
uodux1212 wrote:

No one has to speak for themselves on this board, because I do know specific "fans" who completely decided to forgo watching the games this year just because of the Boise game. But really, it's only too bad for them. Kinda like the people who left early from the Oklahoma game. They're really the ones who ultimately lose out.
Dude, that doesn't even make sense.

sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

This thread brought to you by the good folks at Oregonlive...now back to our regularly scheduled chat4quacks friendly programming...
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

sickaduck wrote:This thread brought to you by the good folks at Oregonlive...now back to our regularly scheduled chat4quacks friendly programming...

Yeah, sorry... :oops: (Oregonlive could be one of the most vile places on the internets)

5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

uodux1212 wrote:Dude, that doesn't even make sense.
Yep, I wrote 1/2 a sentence that could have been clearer but for the context. So sorry. :roll: