It's on ESPN radio that nobody is willing to play BSU cuz...

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Re: It's on ESPN radio that nobody is willing to play BSU cuz...

Post by duckgrad99 »

uo2010 wrote:
wlduck wrote:I hate to be the odd man out here, but it sure seems like we (Duck fans) are full of nothing but sour grapes. The fact is, they beat us at our place and at theirs. You can talk cheap shots, classless, blah, blah blah, but how about simply they are a good team- this year a very good team.

I know they would not go undefeated in the Pac 10, or even the Mountain West probably. But they would be a top half of the conference team in the Pac this year.

Personally, I wish we would fill their open date in 2011. I believe we still have one too. Instead of whining about it, I would like to actually beat them once. But until we do, I tip my hat to them.
+1 however I am not sure you are allowed to say that on this forum :roll:

Yes they beat Oregon twice and deserve bragging rights, and they are a very good team. At the same time, it still doesn't make them a better team than Oregon right now, and it still doesn't dismiss the fact that they play in an awful conference.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:
uo2010 wrote:
wlduck wrote:I hate to be the odd man out here, but it sure seems like we (Duck fans) are full of nothing but sour grapes. The fact is, they beat us at our place and at theirs. You can talk cheap shots, classless, blah, blah blah, but how about simply they are a good team- this year a very good team.

I know they would not go undefeated in the Pac 10, or even the Mountain West probably. But they would be a top half of the conference team in the Pac this year.

Personally, I wish we would fill their open date in 2011. I believe we still have one too. Instead of whining about it, I would like to actually beat them once. But until we do, I tip my hat to them.

Yes they beat Oregon twice and deserve bragging rights, and they are a very good team. At the same time, it still doesn't make them a better team than Oregon right now, and it still doesn't dismiss the fact that they play in an awful conference.

I agree with both your statements. I also believe that we should finish ranked above them if we go 11-1 and they go 12-0. Without a playoff system, body of work means everything in college football, and being in the WAC kills their overall resume. I was just saying that there is allot of hate and discontent directed towards them from a fair amount of Duck fans (not all). Almost like we are pissed that they had the nerve to actually play hard and win. How dare them!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Yes they beat Oregon twice and deserve bragging rights, and they are a very good team. At the same time, it still doesn't make them a better team than Oregon right now, and it still doesn't dismiss the fact that they play in an awful conference.[/quote]

I agree with both your statements. I also believe that we should finish ranked above them if we go 11-1 and they go 12-0. Without a playoff system, body of work means everything in college football, and being in the WAC kills their overall resume. I was just saying that there is allot of hate and discontent directed towards them from a fair amount of Duck fans (not all). Almost like we are pissed that they had the nerve to actually play hard and win. How dare them![/quote]

Understandable. My guess is that it has a lot to do with Boise St knocking Masoli out last season and then the Blount incident this season. It's almost like they have become Oregon's bitter rival after two meetings.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

If BS had beaten us without spearing Masoli IN THE HEAD, laying a comlete cheapshot on Ed Dickson & taunting our player after the game was over, I would give them all the credit in the world. As a Duck fan though, I see that cheap shot on our QB to start the game & can't help but think we would have won without him being knocked from the game. And with all the undisciplined taunting & cheap shots, I can't help but have sour grapes.

SCREW BS. I effin' hate those guys.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

wlduck wrote:I agree with both your statements. I also believe that we should finish ranked above them if we go 11-1 and they go 12-0. Without a playoff system, body of work means everything in college football, and being in the WAC kills their overall resume. I was just saying that there is allot of hate and discontent directed towards them from a fair amount of Duck fans (not all). Almost like we are pissed that they had the nerve to actually play hard and win. How dare them!
I don't dislike their program because they beat us. I dislike them because of the way that they handled the Blount/Hout situation and the late hits (that were prolific all season beyond the Masoli hit). It doesn't help that many of their fans were (and continue to be) disrespectful of Oregon's program when we were one of the only teams to give them a home and home.

They remind me of the kid who gets the CEO position because his daddy holds a majority share. Beating Oklahoma in the Fiesta bowl and dominating a weak conference doesn't automatically get you an invite to the party. As they say, "act like you've been here."
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

uo2010 wrote:

Actually "uo2010", we don't mind people saying stuff like that on this forum. The only issue that I have had with you, is, 99% of your posts starting with the first one was you talking like a BSU fan in disguise. How many times did you describe our defeat as them DOMINATING us. Over and over and over. And using that as an excuse as to why Oregon couldn't be better than them now.

Any true OR fan recognizes the growth this team has displayed and knows this is a different team. Knows the challenges that they were unable to overcome that first game that ultimately led to the defeat. Knows what happened that day would never happen now. Doesn't mean we know we would win today (but we think we would), but our offense would get a first down within the first few minutes of the game. Knew we weren't dominated because we played solid defense. Not up to the level our 'd' is playing now, because it was all new that first game.

That's why your posts bothered so many people. If you truly are an Oregon fan, then great. Just stop trying to convince us that we are the same team now and the same result would happen. Or that we were as great of a team that first week and Boise just made us look bad because of how great they are.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I would be concerned about playing them in 2011 because we are losing most of our players next year and if I had to choose, I'd wait until 2012 or perhaps..........NEVER!!!
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

It makes no sense for any team in any BCS conference to play BSU. BSU has a legitimate chance of going undefeated every season because of the weak conference they play in. Teams dont want to end up in the position that the Ducks are in right now. If you lose to them and they're your only loss chances are you'll never be able to pass them in the polls, even if you rip off 7 straight.

BSU is a damn good football team and can beat any team on any given day. Do they make it through a full P10 schedule undefeated?!? Having to get up every week for their opponent? Maybe, but most likely NO.

BSU should play a real schedule, then they might have an argument, until then STFU.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
hermistonduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by hermistonduck »

Razduck wrote:One pretty funny side note to this story. Boise State has only Sold Out one game this season, and that was the Oregon game. They have come up short by 1500-2000 people on every Home Game since the Season Opener. The fans are blaming poor competition as their reason for not selling out. I have a feeling this latest news will make ticket sales even more problematic. They get what they deserve. :lol:
Raz you stole my sig! but its a legit picture of Autzen
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:I would be concerned about playing them in 2011 because we are losing most of our players next year and if I had to choose, I'd wait until 2012 or perhaps..........NEVER!!!

I feel exactly the opposite. I would play them anytime we could. Talk no smack. Say nothing. But schedule an opportunity to beat them.

And we don't lose that many players. We have plenty of freshman and sophomores playing, and our recruiting classes have produced great replacements (Cliff Harris anyone?)
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

Perhaps this will finaly force teams like BSU to seek membership in an actual conference.
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

But the thing is scheduling should be mutually beneficial, otherwise there is no point in making the deal. BCS teams have nothing to gain against Boise. If they go undefeated in conference they are in a BCS Bowl. Boise State NEEDS that game against a BCS school to make it in. No one wants to be Boise's Super Bowl, and a lot of that has to do with the fact that Boise is a good team. Notice it's the WAC Commissioner complaining trying to tout the one strong team in his conference. He really seems like he could care less about all other teams in his conference.