Question

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfan96
Senior

Question

Post by duckfan96 »

How do you post pictures on here? Wanted to post a pic of a deer I got yesterday(if that would t be offensive to anyone)
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Question

Post by StevensTechU »

Where are you hunting? I thought deer season was done on the 9th?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

You have use a image hosting site and then put the image address in the tags. The image address has to include some type of graphic format like PNG, JPG, or GIF.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Yikes that sounds complicated haha
IMG_1156.HEIC
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Oops

Hunting in tn...goes thru first week of January
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan96 wrote:Oops

Hunting in tn...goes thru first week of January

You want to really blow these guys away tell them how many you are allowed per year! Lol.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

2 bucks per year and up to 3 does a day in some areas
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Gawt damn.

We've got natural predators out here that keep deer and elk numbers fairly stable/low by eastern standards. Wildfires have actually had a pretty significant, negative impact in recent years in the Cascades and east of the mountains, which obviously sucks.

Congrats on the whitetail.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

StevensTechU wrote:Gawt damn.

We've got natural predators out here that keep deer and elk numbers fairly stable/low by eastern standards. Wildfires have actually had a pretty significant, negative impact in recent years in the Cascades and east of the mountains, which obviously sucks.

Congrats on the whitetail.

the problem in Oregon east of the mountains is besides predators is the number of
dow tags they used to give out. Then weather came along and hurt even more.
We have had some fires that have really done the damage. Hot summers have hurt the
food that deer depend on. Been hunting the Ochoco's for 45 years and its worse every year.
Nothing has been done to control cougars. A cougar will kill one elk/deer a week. There are several
cougars seen every year. Not to mention the coyotes that will kill fawns. Wolves are now being seen.

Then you add on the poachers that are taking out what ever they want. The forest servise has
closed several out posts and moved 100 miles away so they are not in the area much. And rec people
are trying to get the ok to open trail systems for 4 wheeling which will drive deer and elk away.

the problem has been going on for years now and the forest service doesnt care.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:You have use a image hosting site and then put the image address in the tags. The image address has to include some type of graphic format like PNG, JPG, or GIF.
I think you can also technically attach an image to a post. But it won't be embedded I believe.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:You have use a image hosting site and then put the image address in the tags. The image address has to include some type of graphic format like PNG, JPG, or GIF.
I think you can also technically attach an image to a post. But it won't be embedded I believe.
Forgot about the image attachment feature.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duckfan22 wrote:
the problem in Oregon east of the mountains is besides predators is the number of
dow tags they used to give out. Then weather came along and hurt even more.
We have had some fires that have really done the damage. Hot summers have hurt the
food that deer depend on. Been hunting the Ochoco's for 45 years and its worse every year.
Nothing has been done to control cougars. A cougar will kill one elk/deer a week. There are several
cougars seen every year. Not to mention the coyotes that will kill fawns. Wolves are now being seen.

Then you add on the poachers that are taking out what ever they want. The forest servise has
closed several out posts and moved 100 miles away so they are not in the area much. And rec people
are trying to get the ok to open trail systems for 4 wheeling which will drive deer and elk away.

the problem has been going on for years now and the forest service doesnt care.
That's awesome you've been out there consistently hunting so long. I just got my first season in since 2010 this year.

I'm very strongly in favor of allowing native predators (cougars, bobcats, wolves) to have their place in the wildlands they've always been in rather than culling them so we have an arbitrarily high number of game animals, so I'm not on the same page with you there, but I am with everything else (when it comes to something like sea lions wiping out salmon at dams, that's a completely different story, it's not natural). Every time there is a budget cut, I think this is the kind of thing that it's easiest for the state to do away with. I forgot to mention the droughts, but that's been huge, too. I also see postings about you guys having poaching issues in the central Oregon area a lot, it seems. Not enough enforcement.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Oh deer is all I have to say
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

GoDucksIn09
Senior