Doug Brenner sues UO, Taggart and NCAA for $11.5 million

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duckenstein
Freshman

Re: Doug Brenner sues UO, Taggart and NCAA for $11.5 million

Post by Duckenstein »

AshlandDuck wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if Brenner ends up settling for a few hundred grand. You usually can't take the opening demand or requested relief in these kinds of suits that seriously. It's essentially just an opening negotiating number and neither side wants to go to trial. Given that, I agree that the number really doesn't seem "that" high for any kind of significant physical damage Brenner believes he suffered.

The woman who accused 3 basketball players of sexual assault was awarded with $750,000 by the university because they leaked her medical history. I think this is far more serious, but he's a man so you are probably right that it won't amount to much.
Yikes dude..
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

So now Poutasi has filed his own lawsuit, this one for only $5 million:
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Give me a break. Poutasi claims he didn't have any idea about filing a lawsuit until Wednesday. In the 48 hours he found an attorney, had his appointment and the lawyer had the papers ready to file today. That is BS worthy of Slick Willie.

Until Brenner’s lawsuit was reported on Wednesday, Poutasi claims he did not know “of the tortious nature of the conduct of defendants University (of Oregon), Taggart, and Oderinde" nor did he “comprehend the tortious and abusive nature” of their conduct during the team’s football workouts from Jan. 10-12, 2017, “particularly in light of the fact that defendant University (of Oregon) had previously communicated directly contradictory information.”
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Poutasi and McCormick are in weird spots because they’re still on the team, at least for now. It doesn’t make their claims any less valid. On top of that, I assume the rush to file so quickly after Brenner has to deal with statute of limitations, especially given that these lawsuits are coming almost a year to the date.
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

AshlandDuck wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Wouldn't be surprised if Brenner ends up settling for a few hundred grand. You usually can't take the opening demand or requested relief in these kinds of suits that seriously. It's essentially just an opening negotiating number and neither side wants to go to trial. Given that, I agree that the number really doesn't seem "that" high for any kind of significant physical damage Brenner believes he suffered.

The woman who accused 3 basketball players of sexual assault was awarded with $750,000 by the university because they leaked her medical history. I think this is far more serious, but he's a man so you are probably right that it won't amount to much.
You really went there? WTF is wrong with you! These two situations are no where near the same.

I understand you are trying to draw a correlation for settlements but really, you pulled that card? No!
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I think Brenner will get a large settlement. You can bet his lawyer has medical records showing Kidney damage as a result of Coach O and Taggart. On top of the medical records if this goes to trail the jury listens to "the torture these children were put through". Black urine, players punished harder when teammates passed out or puked, pushed harder for puking or passing out! No water given during intense workout, oxygen supplied the second day. They will never let this go to court and will have to cough up big $$$$. Not sure how I feel about the other lawsuit and the third to follow. They have a lawsuit but are still on the team, I wonder if they talked to Cristobal first? Oregon may not be letting coaches talk about it being an active lawsuit.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

AshlandDuck wrote:

What is your point? What a pathetic post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

AshlandDuck wrote:
I’m on a phone and couldn’t see who posted this at first, but in my head I immediately thought “This has got to be AshlandDuck.”

You have an anti-women attitude. Whatever has happened to you in your life is valid, and can’t say it shouldn’t influence how you analyze the world. But it shouldn’t manifest itself in how you treat an entire gender and whether you think their problems are valid or not.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:
I’m on a phone and couldn’t see who posted this at first, but in my head I immediately thought “This has got to be AshlandDuck.”

You have an anti-women attitude. Whatever has happened to you in your life is valid, and can’t say it shouldn’t influence how you analyze the world. But it shouldn’t manifest itself in how you treat an entire gender and whether you think their problems are valid or not.
Not sure what people are reading here. There is no disparaging comment about women in this comment. The implication is that men don't get the same justice or notice for their problems as women. It's fine to disagree with his statement, but it would be cool if people would call off the candlelight vigil at least long enough to read what he actually said.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Phalanx wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
AshlandDuck wrote:

Not sure what people are reading here. There is no disparaging comment about women in this comment. The implication is that men don't get the same justice or notice for their problems as women. It's fine to disagree with his statement, but it would be cool if people would call off the candlelight vigil at least long enough to read what he actually said.
This is not the first time Ashland duck has gone on tangent in order to make his "men are victims" point

This board gives plenty of leeway and it's hardly a social justice pity party here.

I think it's fine to call a spade a spade. We don't need that Bs here
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

McCormick will not be joining in on the lawsuits as he's decided it's best to just move forward:
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Describing his urine as the consistency and color of coffee or coca cola gave me the shivers...
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrantDuck wrote:Describing his urine as the consistency and color of coffee or coca cola gave me the shivers...
Usually there's a problem when there's a trace of blood but to have it turn black is a really bad scenario.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

AshlandDuck wrote:

your takes dude...