All Pac-12

Re: Angel in Oklahoma

Post by gofightingducks »

great story! :D
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Oh that makes me cry!!!! Bless that little girl and her family.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

I took this off of Duck Territory

For some of you who follow local Eugene news and Duck Football last week we learned about a little girl named Angel who lives in Oklahoma City. She is 13 and has Cerebral Palsy. For a reason unknown to her parents and doctor, when she sees the Ducks on TV something inside of her changes and "lights up" according to her father. He doesn't know if it is because of the colors, or the Duck...it is just something about seeing Oregon play that affects a change in her. Please read the attached links for a bit more background info.

http://www.kval.com/sports/local/69308887.html

http://www.themooreamerican.co...story_287145726

All of that said, we Ducks are going to make a difference. We are going to raise the money to bring the family out for the Civil War, for a vacation long overdue for a family who most certainly deserves it. Please help if you can. Copy and email this to friends and family!

I've set up a fund at Umpqua Bank (hopefully it works for everyone, we have other options listed below). Just go into any Umpqua Bank and tell them you would like to donate to the Angel Wilson Fund, acct #972375836. All of the funds donated will be used for the airfare, hotel, and rental car for Angel and her mother and father.

Should you not be near an Umpqua location we can use PayPal (and I'll cover whatever is lost in transfer fees) or you can send a check/cashiers check to me. If this is the route you'd like to choose please just PM me and I can give you my info and we can chat.

All accounting will be perfectly transparent. I can assure you that I am very trustworthy and will do whatever necessary to put your heart and mind at ease about donating to a stranger. If everyone pledges what they promised initially we'll have made a good start at covering the cost of this event.

As of 12:30p Tues, Airfare looks to be about $470 per person from OKC to EUG. I have a room at Shilo Inn Springfield for Dec 3-4 for $237.46. A rental car will be about $200.

Right there that puts us at about $2,000. I have been in contact with the Athletic Dept and they will be taking care of tickets (along with some other things hopefully) for the family. That is a huge relief as that would have been a very big expense.

I'm sure that I have forgotten some things, please just PM me or post it here!

The family is so grateful for what we are doing they are speechless. They have obviously never been to the west coast, and haven't even have any type of vacation in 8 years. Additionally, we have an offer from a Duck to host the family at his hotel at coast for 2 days following the football game also. What we are doing is really making a difference in the lives of these people. Let's show them what it means to be a Duck!

Win the Day!

Ryan Wolfe

ps - again, please send this to everyone you know. We all want to make a difference. We also know that things can be a bit tight for many people. Please just do what you can. Everything helps us reach our goal.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

You just have to feel for people in that type of situation.

Wonderful story...great job CK and the rest of our Ducks!!

GO ANGEL GO!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Post by picksix »

Maybe we can get the crowd to do a " GOOOOOO ANGEL " at some point before the game???? :)
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

You know, it' ticks me off that ESPN will show Blount 100 times yet they won't say a thing about something like this.

Guess that's the world we live in. Makes me proud to be a Duck fan!
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

freedjr wrote:You know, it' ticks me off that ESPN will show Blount 100 times yet they won't say a thing about something like this.

Guess that's the world we live in. Makes me proud to be a Duck fan!
Come Civil War Time...when they have enough interest to tell the story, they will....with the Civil war on ESPN, and hopefully the little girl and her family in attendance they will probably do a segment on her....you have to remember they are only going to talk about what they think sports fan want to here about.....and well I don;t want to generalize, but sports fans aren't usually that sensitive.