Doak Walker Award

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Doak Walker Award

Post by dd10snoop28 »

LaMichael James did not make the semifinals and IMO that is just pure ridiculous.

How can you pass up on a guy 1043 yards on only 143 carries(7.0 average) who plays on a BCS bowl contending team?
While there are players like Ben Tate, Ryan Williams, Donald Buckram, and others who have similar or inferior stats on teams with 3+ losses. There is no question that LaMichael should be on that list. Proves how much people actually watch games out here in the west.
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Doak Walker Award

Post by woundedknees »

Moreso, it simply proves there is a bias against certain teams/confrerences...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

This time last year, Jaquizz Rodgers was getting more love from the media, but Lamichael is having a better year as a freshman than Jizz yet he doesn't get love.

Don't get it. Oregon just doesn't get much love I suppose..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

Could just be that Masoli gets a lot of recognition for our offense and we're known to split a lot of carries up. Or, maybe people see it as a system thing like Navy where they always get lots of rushing yards... Not sure.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Last week Masoli and LMJ were in the Heisman conversation. The Ducks lose to a good Stanford team on the road with 2 weeks to prepare, a team that will probably beat USC and Notre Dame this season and are right in the Rose Bowl mix and now nothing, yet Masoli put up career numbers and LMJ rushed for over 100 on very limited carries. I would say there is bias. Dixon 2 years ago, even though he was injured he still should have been invited. Oregon needs things to be perfect in order to get love. But all I care about is winning these last 3 games. LMJ will be a star and both he and Masoli will be Heisman and other award contenders next season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gofightingducks wrote:Last week Masoli and LMJ were in the Heisman conversation. The Ducks lose to a good Stanford team on the road with 2 weeks to prepare, a team that will probably beat USC and Notre Dame this season and are right in the Rose Bowl mix and now nothing, yet Masoli put up career numbers and LMJ rushed for over 100 on very limited carries. I would say there is bias. Dixon 2 years ago, even though he was injured he still should have been invited. Oregon needs things to be perfect in order to get love. But all I care about is winning these last 3 games. LMJ will be a star and both he and Masoli will be Heisman and other award contenders next season.
What's funny is Masoli and LMJ both had amazing games against Stanford. I find it a little funny both fall out after having one of their best games of the season.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

I dont care that much that they arent in any talks....and I bet they arent either. They are probably concentrating on beating ASU. Then Zona. Then OSU. I would be willing to bet that LMJ gets plenty of ink his next 3 years. If he stays all 3 years and stays healthy he could break records at Oregon. Not looking ahead just a what if....did ya know that last year Oregon beat two OSU's in a row the complete their season...and they could do it again this year if they face OhioSt in the Rose. Win the Day.