"Red out" for Arizona/Oregon game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

"Red out" for Arizona/Oregon game

Post by gofightingducks »

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... _5_pm.html

What's blue and white and red all over? Arizona Stadium on Saturday night.

In the biggest game to hit Tucson in years, the Wildcat faithful will be in "Red Out'' mode for the 5 p.m. game (6 p.m. local time) game against 11th-ranked Oregon.

ESPN's "College GameDay'' will be there, too, for the first time ever. Arizona's last appearance on the show was as a visitor in State College, Pa., when "GameDay" went to Penn State to begin the 1999 season.

"We know we’re going to be in a hostile environment down there in Arizona,'' Oregon coach Chip Kelly said.

Both Arizona and Oregon control their Rose Bowl destiny. After Tucson, the Ducks play the Civil War at home. The Wildcats play at Arizona State and at USC.
picksix
Three Star Recruit

Re: "Red out" for Arizona/Oregon game

Post by picksix »

ONE GAME at a time. Just win the damn game in Tucson!!! Who cares about anything else!!!
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

Good choice of colors. The red will help camouflage the embarrassment of the UA defense, which will surely be bleeding yards shortly after each Oregon snap.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

It will just allow the green/yellow to stick out better. Wish I was going to the game. Whoever is needs to represent us well!!!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Even if Arizona should somehow beat the ducks, I don't think they go to the rose bowl. I don't see them winning at USC and maybe even ASU. I just wish the cats didn't have so much to play for against the ducks. If Oregon cannot bring their A game and get pumped up for this game, they don't deserve the rose bowl. A rose bowl opportunity doesn't come around very often, so it's time for the ducks to take advantage of it.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

This would be a great game to pull out the "Steele" helmets! If we come out in Steele/White/Steele(or black maybe).....the story will be about our unis not their stupid "red-out".....
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

As long as the turf isn't red disguising the cats players, we should be good.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

How loud does it get in Tuscon? I guess it is tough to tell since this is the first year in a long time that they have had anything to actually cheer about.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

karlhungis wrote:How loud does it get in Tuscon? I guess it is tough to tell since this is the first year in a long time that they have had anything to actually cheer about.
Loud enough to beat us the last two times we've traveled to Tucson? I doubt it ever gets Autzen loud, but with gameday being there, it'll be loud. This is gonna be an awesome game, we gotta win this!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:How loud does it get in Tuscon? I guess it is tough to tell since this is the first year in a long time that they have had anything to actually cheer about.
Loud enough to beat us the last two times we've traveled to Tucson? I doubt it ever gets Autzen loud, but with gameday being there, it'll be loud. This is gonna be an awesome game, we gotta win this!
Oregon hasn't lost the last 2 times down there. The Ducks lost there in 2007 but won in 2005 with Brady Leaf taking over for Clemens and Dixon after they both got hurt.
fecta23
Three Star Recruit

Post by fecta23 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
I thought we won two time ago with Kellen, It wasnt pretty but I though we won?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

fecta23 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I thought we won two time ago with Kellen, It wasnt pretty but I though we won?
Ah, you're right. I keep thinking that game we got smashed with Dixon was in Tucson. But I forgot that was in 06.

NVM then, haha. Either way Arizona can put up a fight, but as long as our offense is chugging, I don't think we can lose.

uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

For what its worth John Wilner has Arizona the third toughest places to play in the P10 behind Autz and Husky Stadium...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

uodux1212 wrote:For what its worth John Wilner has Arizona the third toughest places to play in the P10 behind Autz and Husky Stadium...
They are 5-0 at home this year, so I'm sure we won't take this game lightly.

I can't wait for Saturday.

BisonDucks
Three Star Recruit

Post by BisonDucks »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
uodux1212 wrote:For what its worth John Wilner has Arizona the third toughest places to play in the P10 behind Autz and Husky Stadium...
They are 5-0 at home this year, so I'm sure we won't take this game lightly.

I can't wait for Saturday.
Of course, their slate includes Central Michigan, NAU, Stanford early, UCLA and Washington State. Not exactly murder's row but I'll give them credit for Stanford. I wish we had caught Stanford early and on the road though.