ARIZONA

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

ARIZONA

Post by picksix »

This is the ONLY game on our schedule this week .... Soooooooo lets FOCUS on these guys and win the game and get the hell outta Tucson!!! No more Cival War talk until after AZ!!! Lets GO DUCKS!!!!!!!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: ARIZONA

Post by gofightingducks »

No Kidding, Arizona is going to be a tough game. Their fans are going to be pumped because Gameday, a possible Rose Bowl, the opportunity to knock off a highly ranked Oregon team....... again, and they are having a red out.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

They looked like crap against Cal, but they have been a different team at home. No doubt in my mind that the ducks are the better team, but they have to remain focused all week.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

yea but Arizona will attack us with their passing game. Let's hope Ducks CB prepare for that.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Maybe Cliff will get his pic six! It was tough watching the ball go through his hands last Sat...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

They like to throw long bomb. Lets hope they dont make stupid penalty like PI when they throw long one.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

If we can get enough pressure on Foles, throwing the long bomb will be trecherous for him.
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

Lets attack Foles and keep the pressure on all game, any decent qb will find an open receiver eventually so just dont give Foles the time to find one.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

chump01284 wrote:They like to throw long bomb. Lets hope they dont make stupid penalty like PI when they throw long one.
I haven't seen to many stupid PI penalties this year......in fact everyone I have seen has been a trade for a TD or a great defensive effort that went just a little too far......I remember a few years back seeing a lot of stupid play by our guys like P. Chung, and W. Thurmond III when they were young and just trying to play lights out...but that has really been cleaned up over the last few years, especially this year.....most of the PI's I've seen called that were on medium length passes this year were pretty ticky-tac calls....and almost every deep pass that had a PI called on it it prevented TDs...
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

bigfootlebowski wrote:Lets attack Foles and keep the pressure on all game, any decent qb will find an open receiver eventually so just dont give Foles the time to find one.
Agreed, get any kind of consistent pressure on that Zona passing game and it will be extremely difficult for them to score enough points to keep pace with Oregon's offense. Who knows they may even give you some cheap points off of a poor pass from the pressure.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Foles really gets the ball out fast. I don't think we will be able to get much pressure on him. We haven't really played an offense like Arizona yet. It seems like Boise would be the closest comparison.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

The Ducks should be able to get some pressure because Arizona doesn't have the big, strong physical linemen that Stanford has and they probably won't use 7 men to block since they are a more pass oriented team and not a power run team. That said Foles does get the ball out quick so they need to get to him more quickly and tackle and hit him when they get the opportunity and not miss tackles/hits. I am not worried about our offense running and scoring on them since Arizona has been struggling with the run game but I am concerned about our secondary getting burned.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

karlhungis wrote:Foles really gets the ball out fast. I don't think we will be able to get much pressure on him. We haven't really played an offense like Arizona yet. It seems like Boise would be the closest comparison.
Im good with that comparison. We held them to 18 on a night where we didnt get a first down until the mid third. If we hold Zona to under 20, no way we lose. To be honest if I could guarantee that we hold every team we play for the rest of the year to 25 points, I would take it, I dont see Zona or the Beavs being able to hold us under 30