Arizona O vs Oregon D

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Arizona O vs Oregon D

Post by gofightingducks »

http://www.addictedtoquack.com/2009/11/ ... -has-begun

http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index ... :05:29:31Z

Arizona ran a similar offense as Stanford did this year in their win over Oregon in 2006. ASU tried last week but didn't have the personnel to succeed. Arizona averages more than 200 yards on the ground and Nic Grisby averages more per carry than LMJ. Similar to Stanford Arizona does well with the play action. Will Arizona have the same success as Stanford or will Alliotti and Azz make some changes as to not allow another terrible defensive showing? This game makes me nervous.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Re: Arizona O vs Oregon D

Post by Penky26 »

big difference to me will be they dont have a back that can carry guys on their back. i really feel that the size and strength of toby was a huge difference then just the scheme
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Grisby is a little dinged up too. I think it's his shoulder or elbow. Either can lead to a higher risk of fumbling.
Last edited by ncduck on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Arizona also doesn't have a huge talented FB or the big TE's that Stanford has to allow a big, strong, physical 6-7 man line.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

a big strong ram it down you throat offense is a huge weakness for this defense. The defense has thrived against offenses that try to use speed instead of strength. The advantage for Oregon is they can defend a team that tries to change their gameplan to a power run if they dont have the personal. I feel that both Zona and OSU dont have the ability to transform into a power run team and if they tried to it would actually backfire big time on them. Stanford pounded and pounded us and wore us down. Grigsby and Quizz arent those kind of backs.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

^I agree completely. AZ and OSU just don't have the personnel to exploit our weakness like Stanford did however OSU does throw the ball very well so they will gives us a serious test...AZ I'm not sure of. I just don't think (after the CAL game) AZ has the weapons to beat us! I mean how the hell did they lose to CAL?

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I haven't seen UA play once this year so I haven't a clue how they'll matchup.

BUT, Grigsby's stats are 80% based on his OOC, and padded by a big game against Northern Arizona. a team with less DI talent than most good junior colleges.

He has rushed for 135 yard on 22 carries, for an average of 6.13 ypc in 4 PAC-10 games. I saw him play last year and he is a good back back but no Toby even when not hurt.

Antolin has most of their carries in PAC-10 play with 262 yards at 4.3 ypc.

UA averages about 150 yards rushing in PAC-10 play but even that stat is bloated by 296 against WSU. Running over 150 against the Ducks would be an aberration.

Frankly from their stats, they seem much more similar to a BSU style, quick passing never get sacked, run as a change of pace offense than a Stanford power offense.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gofightingducks wrote:Arizona also doesn't have a huge talented FB or the big TE's that Stanford has to allow a big, strong, physical 6-7 man line.
Exactly. This is the main reason Stanford won. Gerhart and Luck are fantastic players, but that OL + FB/TE were getting good pushes for Gerhart and giving Luck a pocket to pass in all day.

That was the first time this season that I saw our DL get owned. And if Ducks don't get pressure to QB or stop the run, we know how ugly our DBs can look.

Arizona doesn't have that same talent and physical strength as Stanford, so I think we can hold our own on defense.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13