#7 Oregon @ USC (Nov. 2, Sat 5 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

7-1 Oregon @ 5-3 USC
rockthief
Senior

Re: #8 Oregon @ USC (Nov. 2, Sat 5 PM Fox)

Post by rockthief »

Okay, in this game we do not dick around. Instead we kick some butt from the first play on, both O and D. Herbert gets his head together, Redd keeps his knee off the ground, and...
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Hope we don't get the same officiating crew we had last night.

Herbert mentioned last night a lot of things to work on before next Saturday. That is an understatement. The defense will not face another WSU but USC has a lot of talent across the board. Probably more talent than Oregon. Oregon is the better team. Hopefully the defense will be back to being dominant. They have had 2 tough weeks.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Expect Oregon to be more focused. WSU was the classic trap game, a .500 team at home sandwiched between the two toughest road games on the schedule.
greenyellow

Re: #7 Oregon @ USC (Nov. 2, Sat 5 PM Fox)

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Recently, With all the Cali kids on our team, we’ve played very well in LA. I don’t expect that to change. We have a TEAM. While U$C has a bunch of spoiled prima donnas. Some things never change. Visions of Kenjon Barner in those beautiful storm trooper units, dancing all over U$C for 321 yards and 5 touchdowns and the ducks had 730 yards of offense. Love to see our guys do it again in front of a lot of SoCal recruits!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Last edited by Merganzer on Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Mycah is going to show the college football world that Oregon got the better Pittman brother. Book it!!
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Worried about our pass defense and edge defenders against the run after the lat 2 games of poor pass defense and poor edge containment.

USC is running a similar system to Wazzu, but with better talent, and it gave us fits. Hopefully Dye will be back.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Hopefully, Avalos dials up more man coverage against USC.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Doesn’t USC have a ton of injuries going into this game? If Troy Dye is back I’m fairly confident Oregon wins by a few scores. A lot of WSU’s offensive success would not have come so easily if Troy Dye was playing.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UofDuck wrote:Mycah is going to show the college football world that Oregon got the better Pittman brother. Book it!!
Tough to do when we only target him twice a game.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Doesn’t USC have a ton of injuries going into this game? If Troy Dye is back I’m fairly confident Oregon wins by a few scores. A lot of WSU’s offensive success would not have come so easily if Troy Dye was playing.
Going into the Colorado game the USC injury list included DL Drake Jackson and Christian Rector, LB Palaie Gaoteote, RB Vavae Malepeai and Marquis Stepp all out with DB Chris Steele and TE Josh Falo questionable. Another few names I didn't recognize. No word on who will be back for the Oregon game.

Edit, also Talanoa Hufanga missed the game at Boulder.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

maxduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Doesn’t USC have a ton of injuries going into this game? If Troy Dye is back I’m fairly confident Oregon wins by a few scores. A lot of WSU’s offensive success would not have come so easily if Troy Dye was playing.
Going into the Colorado game the USC injury list included DL Drake Jackson and Christian Rector, LB Palaie Gaoteote, RB Vavae Malepeai and Marquis Stepp all out with DB Chris Steele and TE Josh Falo questionable. Another few names I didn't recognize. No word on who will be back for the Oregon game.

Edit, also Talanoa Hufanga missed the game at Boulder.
It'd be nice to show all these players, who picked USC over Oregon, what they missed out on and get a win on their home turf in convincing fashion.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

rockthief wrote:Okay, in this game we do not dick around. Instead we kick some butt from the first play on, both O and D. Herbert gets his head together, Redd keeps his knee off the ground, and...
Ok, I'll play...

Verdell combines with Herbert, Redd, and CHB for a combined 450 yards rushing, with 7 TD's on the ground.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!