#7 Oregon @ USC (Nov. 2, Sat 5 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Re: #7 Oregon @ USC (Nov. 2, Sat 5 PM Fox)

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Polite golf clap! From the announcers!
This is why I would prefer to mute the game and listen to Jerry.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Why call that timeout? That could’ve been a TD for Pittman!
So sick of the Ernie Kent time outs Mario.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GoDucksTroll wrote:Polite golf clap! From the announcers!
This is why I would prefer to mute the game and listen to Jerry.
Yep. I do it every game. Jerry & Jorgy had a good time tonight.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Big win, and people still find stuff to complain about.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

You guys are a bit over the top on the announcers. This is a national game and in blowouts they have to try to keep people watching as long as possible. If it was all Pro Oregon, every USC fan would have changed the channel.

Klatt was spot on the entire game. He called out both teams lack of discipline. When he was talking about the USC program falling to its currently low status, he said it was one person’s fault. His point wasn’t nobody was to blame, he was saying many people are to blame.

Both Gus and Klatt talked up how impressive Oregon was in the game. How anyone can take away the broadcasters being pro USC homers is beyond me. If anything, it comes across as Oregon fans being too sensitive about and possibly insecure about the team.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ncduck wrote:You guys are a bit over the top on the announcers. This is a national game and in blowouts they have to try to keep people watching as long as possible. If it was all Pro Oregon, every USC fan would have changed the channel.

Klatt was spot on the entire game. He called out both teams lack of discipline. When he was talking about the USC program falling to its currently low status, he said it was one person’s fault. His point wasn’t nobody was to blame, he was saying many people are to blame.

Both Gus and Klatt talked up how impressive Oregon was in the game. How anyone can take away the broadcasters being pro USC homers is beyond me. If anything, it comes across as Oregon fans being too sensitive about and possibly insecure about the team.
Of course the Fox Sports employee would defend them...
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

BTW, I usually love Gus but he was pretty low energy today. Klatt was annoying.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Phenom wrote:
ncduck wrote:You guys are a bit over the top on the announcers. This is a national game and in blowouts they have to try to keep people watching as long as possible. If it was all Pro Oregon, every USC fan would have changed the channel.

Of course the Fox Sports employee would defend them...
Haha. Touche!
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

As negative as I can be at times; beating the Fuskies and Trojans on the road is impressive!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

What a game! Can't believe the first quarter was part of the same game as the last three. Still think the UW win was our best, but beating the brakes off of USC was definitely satisfying.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Only problem with such a lopsided win is that it was most likely the final straw for Helton. We saw last decade what a coach who can both recruit well and coach well can do at USC.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Positives:
Juwan Johnson
Redd AKA Mighty Mouse
Mykael Wright is a freshman and boy is he special
Kayvon had his best game at Oregon. Helped rush Slovis on that Breeze pick. Had a sack. Set the edge as well as I've seen him do that in the run game.
Having #35 back.
Seemed to get out of there healthy.
Whooping USC

Negatives:
Clay Helton will probably be fired soon because of that beatdown.
Herbert in the 1st quarter
Gus Johnson doing football(I loved him for March Madness). I did think Klatt was actually very good, outside of the play where Breeze chucked the USC WR, because that's legal in CFB if the ball isn't in the air.
USC player taking shots at Herbert's knees all game
#99 losing his mind

That's all I got at first glance. Utah game is going to be a big time football game.

Go Ducks!
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I enjoyed the beat down of USC. The refs blew the no call of pass interference on the pick six. The broadcasters were spot on in many ways. The lack of discipline on both sides. The refs blew multiple calls on both sides. Some were huge like the pick six. I really don't mind the announcers. I pay more attention to the game than I do to the announcers. I didn't notice them being any more pro USC than any other announcers. I have seen a lot of criticism about announcers the last couple weeks and think it is unwarranted. Of course I love to listen to Jerry Allen but he is definitely all Oregon and as a Oregon fan I don't mind that. He has a lot of passion for the team.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Great win! This has been a fun and unexpected season so far, a win in Seattle, finally got past the Cougs and now a win in L.A. ........ A beat down of USC, in their house. Completely different then the days of Chip but just as exciting if not more........ We are not up 49-0 at half so often with Mario, lol. Nice to see Johnson come out! I hope he can keep it up or at least draw enough attention to free others up. Wright reminded me a little of Dat and Cliff, I hope he proves to be the same type....well a little more common sense then Cliff had.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

One more positive....small sample size but I actually felt OK with Shough in the game after JH went down. Not like previous years where I was terrified that we wouldn’t be able to move the ball at all. His ball is noticeably slower than JH, but he’s a confident kid and puts the ball in catchable places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk