When will Pickett and Faoliu return?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

When will Pickett and Faoliu return?

Post by Alan »

I know we have a bye week, but I can’t remember what point of the game Pickett had the targeting penalty and then, I won’t butcher his name, #99, does he sit a game or just a half? Also I am very disappointed about how bad he lost his head....... not Blount bad but he may own the second worse now.
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Re: When will Pickett and #99 return?

Post by Bigwaved »

By rule, Pickett will be forced to miss the first half, but he is the only one who will have to do that.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Alan wrote:I know we have a bye week, but I can’t remember what point of the game Pickett had the targeting penalty and then, I won’t butcher his name, #99, does he sit a game or just a half? Also I am very disappointed about how bad he lost his head....... not Blount bad but he may own the second worse now.
I just re watched it, I don't think it was that crazy he was just running his mouth. It’s not like he swung on anyone. To answer you question I believe they both have to sit out the 1st half of next game
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I don’t recall another Duck player getting two unsportsmanlike’s on the same play before, plenty of guys tried to back him down. I may be wrong.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I think 99 should sit the whole Arizona game. It is true he didn't throw a punch or anything but to lose your cool so bad that cost the team 30 yards, if I was a coach I would let him think about that for a long while. The ref tried to let him know to calm down and it had no effect on him. Letting him sit the entire Arizona game be a clear message to the rest of the team that doing that is not even the least bit acceptable. I am not sure when Cristobal will address it or if he even will.

Pickett has to sit the first half out. By rule it is right. I don't think it was a dangerous hit and not worth 15 yards but by rule it is the rule.
jimmy12
Senior

Post by jimmy12 »

Pickitt is the only one who has to sit. Fauliu did not get called for targeting and this is a targeting rule.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

brich75 wrote:
Alan wrote:I know we have a bye week, but I can’t remember what point of the game Pickett had the targeting penalty and then, I won’t butcher his name, #99, does he sit a game or just a half? Also I am very disappointed about how bad he lost his head....... not Blount bad but he may own the second worse now.
I just re watched it, I don't think it was that crazy he was just running his mouth. It’s not like he swung on anyone. To answer you question I believe they both have to sit out the 1st half of next game
Eh, he ran his mouth for way too long plus when the ref tried to settle him down he pushed his arms away. Anytime you touch an official in an aggressive manner in any sport it’s an automatic ejection. Faoliu was not being very smart there.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Eh, he ran his mouth for way too long plus when the ref tried to settle him down he pushed his arms away. Anytime you touch an official in an aggressive manner in any sport it’s an automatic ejection. Faoliu was not being very smart there.
I agree it wasn’t smart, I don’t agree with suspending him for any more time. It was emotional he got upset, he doesn’t have a history of this. Call it lesson learned and move on. Remember a week ago Mario also lost his s*** and got a unsportsmanlike. I
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Any idea what got him so upset? He may have thought the SC player tried to kick him but that would have been after he took a cheap shot at the ball carrier. That was a lot of anger for what I saw on the replay, was there an earlier incident?
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Regardless of what happened. Let the coaches deal with it. They have a lot more maturity usually and be given some leeway. Yes are coaches that are given to much leeway but I don't want to see players losing there cool no matter what the level. It is a honor to be out there and it should be treated as such.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: When will Pickett and Faoliu return?

Post by gogreen55 »

Faoliu has been a disappointment this season in general. Based on reports leading up to the season, then his good performance in the Auburn game, it looked like he would have a big year. He has been pretty much invisible lately, other than his ridiculous antics against USC.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: When will Pickett and Faoliu return?

Post by Phenom »

gogreen55 wrote:Faoliu has been a disappointment this season in general. Based on reports leading up to the season, then his good performance in the Auburn game, it looked like he would have a big year. He has been pretty much invisible lately, other than his ridiculous antics against USC.
He missed a game earlier in the year to injury. I wonder if it's been affecting him.