#7 Oregon @ USC (Nov. 2, Sat 5 PM Fox)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: #7 Oregon @ USC (Nov. 2, Sat 5 PM Fox)

Post by buckmarkduck »

We should have been knocking WSU receivers around the week before also. That group we stopped on saturday is a lot more talented then the WSU group we had trouble with.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Merganzer wrote:
Schematically, it is like Stanford, & I think, philosophically, this is what Cristobal is building at Oregon, The tough play in the secondary is SEC , whining from the opposing fans, especially on the road, fruits of their labors. Oregon used to get grief from fans of other teams under Chip. But this is different. That was the gimmick offense and finesse. This isn't that.
I think in the past, we were the ones whining about more physical teams finding opportunities to knock our skill players around. It really makes fans angry to see one's team taken completely out of their game, and especially to watch the other team get an interception while your receiver is lying on the ground with a chalk outline. So I guess I am hypocritical, but in the end, I'd rather have the other team whining about being bullied by my team than vice-versa. And you are right, that is totally SEC-style. I guess when the refs start calling penalties that turn into touchdowns, it will stop. Interesting how many they missed on Saturday though. For PAC-12 refs that regularly call ridiculous ticky-tack pass interference to sit there and watch players getting leveled is sort of ironic, isn't it?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Good post! Though the unsportsmanlike conduct I'm sure weren't part of the strategy and I'm sure those got Cristobal angry. But I like what you said about Juwan Johnson, if he was healthy all season I'm sure Oregon is undefeated right now.
I suspect that when the guys get back to the sideline after a slightly late hit on the QB or an early one on a receiver, Avalos and Cristobal tell them not to use the crown of their helmet next time.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

"He who laughs last, laughs loudest."

Stop the strutting on the field and celebrate with your teammates on your sideline after a big play. Players can be themselves and have fun but they've got to do it within the framework of not doing anything to hurt your team too.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Duck07 wrote:"He who laughs last, laughs loudest."

Stop the strutting on the field and celebrate with your teammates on your sideline after a big play. Players can be themselves and have fun but they've got to do it within the framework of not doing anything to hurt your team too.
I agree. We should have a party tent on the sidelines.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Great win! Fun game to watch..

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

ncduck wrote:

"Act like you've done it before!"
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

nogerO wrote:
ncduck wrote:

"Act like you've done it before!"
All joking aside, this is great advice for life. Before I moved to NYC, my brother told me to 'Act like you've seen a building before', and went on to tell me about how annoying it is to be walking on the sidewalk behind a tourist who suddenly stops and then just looks straight up to the sky. He was warning me about people who aren't self-aware and annoying for people who need to get somewhere. I've taken it as life advice. When I'm in a new or stressful situation, I try to act like I've seen a building before.

Kirk Herbstreit just let loose in a big rant about FSU players. He said there were guys on FSU who would give up a 20 yard gain on 3rd and 15, tackle the receiver and then stand over the guy talking smack and celebrating. No self-awareness and they look like fools.