Senior

Has the Ducks locked up the North?

Post by Alan »

With the USC win
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Has the Ducks locked up the North?

Post by Tray Dub »

Nope, still need one more win or a Beaver loss.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Nope, only team that can win the North besides Oregon is Oregon State shockingly. They only have 2 PAC-12 losses and Oregon has 3 more games including Oregon St. If Oregon beats Zona and Oregon State loses to either Washington or Arizona St then it’ll be secure, or if Oregon State loses the next two then Oregon will have it even with a loss to Arizona. OSU needs Oregon to lose 2 of their last 3 including to Oregon State to win the North along with Oregon State winning out against Washington, ASU, @WSU, and @Oregon.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Although OSU has looked much improved the past few weeks, I don't think they've got enough in them to not lose at least one more game before the Civil War, especially with UW and WSU still on their schedule.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

greenyellow wrote:Although OSU has looked much improved the past few weeks, I don't think they've got enough in them to not lose at least one more game before the Civil War, especially with UW and WSU still on their schedule.
I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them lose the next 4.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:Nope, still need one more win or a Beaver loss.
Two wins or one beaver loss
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

RebelDuck wrote:
Oops you're right, good catch. Magic number is two, so to clinch we need two Duck wins, two Beaver losses, or one of each.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

Tray Dub wrote:
RebelDuck wrote:
Oops you're right, good catch. Magic number is two, so to clinch we need two Duck wins, two Beaver losses, or one of each.
After the win last night, Oregon will win out and play Utah for the conference championship. I have no doubts about that now.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

RebelDuck wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
RebelDuck wrote:
After the win last night, Oregon will win out and play Utah for the conference championship. I have no doubts about that now.
If this team shows up they will beat Utah in the conference championship.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Utah still going to be a very tough match up for Oregon. On Pac 12 network they were all talking bout it and they all think Utah wins. They have a better defense and a better run game. Oregon will have the advantage at quarterback. I tend to agree that Utah will have the advantage. Our defense has had issues the last 3 weeks against good offenses. Take away the 4 turnovers yesterday and the Oregon USC game might have different outcome. Utah does not turn the ball over. Oregon will have their hands full.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Utah still going to be a very tough match up for Oregon. On Pac 12 network they were all talking bout it and they all think Utah wins. They have a better defense and a better run game. Oregon will have the advantage at quarterback. I tend to agree that Utah will have the advantage. Our defense has had issues the last 3 weeks against good offenses. Take away the 4 turnovers yesterday and the Oregon USC game might have different outcome. Utah does not turn the ball over. Oregon will have their hands full.
I heard the announcers and disagreed with them. They are similar teams but Oregon feels grittier and like they can be more wow-ing. I am not saying Oregon will win out and beat them, but I do love that they are seen as underdogs and I do not believe that they are. I think Oregon is the better team for any type of game. Our run game has also picked up to look very good at the right time of the season. Blocking is getting better as well. I do not believe for one second that Utah is the better team. They have not shown me anything to indicate that they are.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

So.... when we end up playing UCLA in the championship game, and staring down Chip Kelly across the field, it’ll be really interesting to be on the other side of the conversation as the powerful team Kelly’s Oregon teams could rarely conquer.

I think the Utah v UCLA game will be better than most people anticipate. The Bruins look like they’ve really turned a corner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Oregon State has a knack for catching teams in weeks they are at their worst.
Probably because osu is always over looked. Happens in both football and basketball.