Arizona game time set

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Arizona game time set

Post by greenyellow »

As I expected, Oregon's game with Arizona in two weeks will be a 7:30 PM kick on ESPN.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Arizona game time set

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'll be watching this one on the couch.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

"Please don't be 7:30....Please don't be 7:30....Please don't be 7:30....Please don't be 7:30....Please don't be 7:30...."

And...of course it is.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

Another game I won’t be able to watch. Can’t stand evening games.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

At least Mullens complained openly about it. Whoever negotiates the next TV deal needs to negotiate that if you take the "first pick" of a game, it HAS to be a 11am-5pm start time. No more of this BS, epsn gets first pick of the games and puts them at 7:30 where nobody freakin watches.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

GrantDuck wrote:At least Mullens complained openly about it. Whoever negotiates the next TV deal needs to negotiate that if you take the "first pick" of a game, it HAS to be a 11am-5pm start time. No more of this BS, epsn gets first pick of the games and puts them at 7:30 where nobody freakin watches.
Would be a poor negotiation tactic. The reason they got the money they did from FOX/ESPN is because they can go in the late window. If they pull a stunt like you're suggesting, then they won't get paid like they want. They'll still get a TV deal, and possibly one with ok distribution.

If we're all ok with the schools getting less money from the TV deal and less exposure because of a worse distribution platform, cool.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Fough! I'm getting tired of the late games. Driving back to Vancouver that late soughs!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Thanks Larry! I hate these late starts, DVR and hope. Pac 12 should have the lowest pairing of teams play it, not the teams who need national attention....... This week would be the Cougs and Bears
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

AutzenMember wrote:Fough! I'm getting tired of the late games. Driving back to Vancouver that late soughs!
I see what you’re doing there! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Its literally not worth coming down from Portland for.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Merganzer wrote:
What has me worried is that we signed the 1st tv deal last time meaning we ostensibly will sign the next re-up contract and in essence set the floor for conferences again and end up getting shafted on value.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GrantDuck wrote:At least Mullens complained openly about it. Whoever negotiates the next TV deal needs to negotiate that if you take the "first pick" of a game, it HAS to be a 11am-5pm start time. No more of this BS, epsn gets first pick of the games and puts them at 7:30 where nobody freakin watches.
Actually, they do watch.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phenom wrote:
Actually, they do watch.

I hate the late start time but yes they do watch, even if it's the next morning on DVR.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

The 7:30 games actually have solid ratings. From a TV standpoint I actually like them, I can be out with the wife and kids all day and then end the night watching on tv. In person though, it’s brutal to get back to Portland at 2-3 am