Ohio State @ Oregon - (Sept 12, TV TBA)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Ohio State @ Oregon - (Sept 12, TV TBA)

Post by StevensTechU »

Going to start this thread as I'm sure there will be plenty of chatter about it all offseason long.

I think the key matchups in this game are going to be Oregon's OL versus Ohio State's DL, and Ohio State's receivers against our DBs.

tOSU scouting reports welcome.
Alan
Senior

Re: Ohio State @ Oregon - (Sept 12, TV TBA)

Post by Alan »

Wait! Since it is so early I thought we had a lot bigger game ahead!? NDSU?
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

They're losing about half of their starters on offense and defense, including Chase Young and RB J.K. Dobbins. They're loaded with talent, though, and I'm sure that most of their young guys have playing time due to lopsided games.

They'll have Fields back at QB, but most of their stars are leaving either due to graduation or EE.

If we can bring Jamie Newman and maybe 1-2 grad transfer O-Linemen, I'd say we'd be pretty close talent wise. Our defense will likely be better than their's already.

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-d ... tate/91533
John 3:36
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Should be an awesome game with an electric atmosphere. (Unless they do 9am kick, please for the love of everything don't accept a 9am kickoff).

I don't like our chances at all but I'm ecstatic we scheduled the game and will hope for the best.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Should be an awesome game with an electric atmosphere. (Unless they do 9am kick, please for the love of everything don't accept a 9am kickoff).

I don't like our chances at all but I'm ecstatic we scheduled the game and will hope for the best.
I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't put any money on the Ducks, but I might put money into a handful of tickets to go down and see the game. I don't have a lot to base my anxiety on other than Fields vs. Shough appears lopsided, and Ohio State just reloads every single year. But who knows, tOSU will be another year removed from Urban Meyer.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

SuperDuck wrote:They're losing about half of their starters on offense and defense, including Chase Young and RB J.K. Dobbins. They're loaded with talent, though, and I'm sure that most of their young guys have playing time due to lopsided games.

They'll have Fields back at QB, but most of their stars are leaving either due to graduation or EE.

If we can bring Jamie Newman and maybe 1-2 grad transfer O-Linemen, I'd say we'd be pretty close talent wise. Our defense will likely be better than their's already.

3/4 of their starting DB's are gone; Jordan Fuller, Damon Arnette to graduation, Jeff Okudah, projected to be first CB taken in the draft. Shaun Wade returns at CB.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Merganzer wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:They're losing about half of their starters on offense and defense, including Chase Young and RB J.K. Dobbins. They're loaded with talent, though, and I'm sure that most of their young guys have playing time due to lopsided games.

3/4 of their starting DB's are gone; Jordan Fuller, Damon Arnette to graduation, Jeff Okudah, projected to be first CB taken in the draft. Shaun Wade returns at CB.
And all of their replacements are elite athletes.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
DuckDuckJuice
Two Star Recruit

Post by DuckDuckJuice »

I saw an early preview of the game on an Ohio State site; they have the Buckeyes winning 42-17.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

The reaction from their harcore fans alone is worth beating them.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

DuckDuckJuice wrote:I saw an early preview of the game on an Ohio State site; they have the Buckeyes winning 42-17.
Seems a little optimistic from a tOSU standpoint... Duck defense should be quite stout next year.. But, it's why they play the game...lol
I recall a tOSU fan that I met in Vegas tell me how badly Michigan was gonna beat us at Ann Arbor... He was an older gent, but I don't recall his evaluation being very accurate... I went to the game and watched the Ducks dismantle Michigan... It's why they play the games... GOOO DUCKS
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Gonna be hard to win this one without a seasoned, reliable QB.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I say we OU them. I'll man the replay both.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

If I had to rank the most insufferable fans nationwide, Ohio State might take the cake.

(Nebraska or Army on the opposite end)
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I sat in the Ohio State endzone the year the Masoli-led Ducks lost to them in the RB... and you know what? Their fans were pretty damn nice, even when the game was neck-and-neck.

I've heard LSU fans are the worst, but don't let Bud know I said that. I don't have any first-hand experience with Tiger fans.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

It also depends alot on who we have coming back. Would love to see scott return. Would also love to see our CBs return because Wilson is very good and that got some great freshmen wrs coming in.