NDSU/OREGON 2020

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: NDSU/OREGON 2020

Post by greenyellow »

BisonAlumni wrote:
partytime1667 wrote:
BisonAlumni wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -state-fbs

You guys are on this list somewhere right?
Did you really link a year-old article?
Ooh, fair enough, good catch. You guys might have dropped more since then. I'll reach out and see if they have a fresh take.
Dropped? If anything, Oregon has risen with all the talent they've gotten the past couple recruiting classes. I know you Bison fans want to come off as edgy but it just comes as being desperate and delusional.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I'll be pretty surprised if the NDSU offense has much success against this Oregon defense. If the Ducks don't gift wrap some points with turnovers and/or special teams breakdowns, it shouldn't be a high bar for the Oregon offense to need to clear. From my perspective, the intrigue stems solely from the fact the Ducks have such a huge amount of turnover on the offensive side of the ball. New QB, 4 new offensive line starters, Devon Williams taking his first snaps at Oregon (after having not played in a game in a year), new Offensive Coordinator, Cam McCormick possibly returning yet again, etc. If we had about half of these question marks on the offensive side of the ball (particularly the OL situation), I would be extremely confident in the outcome. As it is, there is a moderate amount of intrigue.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Anyone who thinks the bison will be favored at Autzen needs therapy.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

nogerO wrote:Anyone who thinks the bison will be favored at Autzen needs therapy.
I don't think anybody thinks the Bison will be favored by any betting lines. That would be absurd.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

greenyellow wrote:
BisonAlumni wrote:
partytime1667 wrote:
BisonAlumni wrote:https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... -state-fbs

You guys are on this list somewhere right?
Did you really link a year-old article?
Ooh, fair enough, good catch. You guys might have dropped more since then. I'll reach out and see if they have a fresh take.
Dropped? If anything, Oregon has risen with all the talent they've gotten the past couple recruiting classes. I know you Bison fans want to come off as edgy but it just comes as being desperate and delusional.
I suspect he meant "dropped" as in to a position closer to 1 from a higher numerical ranking. I think it's clear Oregon is a better team now and likely will be in 2020 than they were in 2018.

JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

nogerO wrote:Anyone who thinks the bison will be favored at Autzen needs therapy.
Sure hope Oregon is favored.

We have learned 2 things:
  • Take the Bison and points
    If you plan to sell tickets hang on. they will go up.
The money line is a bit different. We will advise on the proper money line proposition once we see the odds. We may see something like Bison to win +7500 ($100 gets $7,500) or maybe even better, but who knows. Anything above Bison to win +500 gets interesting.

Oregon’s over/under may be interesting too. Right now it’s 21.

This game is looking a lot like the JMU game. Could be a similar type game.

this game may be going nation wide. It’s bad.

Little tougher for Bison fans to get to Oregon than Iowa City or Manhattan KS.

If they have it right in “Vegas” this one should be very tight. Too tight maybe to risk money, depends again on the odds. On the other hand they may have it wrong like I believe many do. The GAM truly measures team strengths, not comparative scores.

It’s purpose is to identify miss-priced games. As good as they are Vegas does make mistakes. Last season we cleared $2,095 using the GAM. I enjoy taking them on using an analysis framework that has proven to be competitive with their lines which by game time are basically a crowd sample of the bettors based on their opening line.

More importantly The GAM was running just under 70% correct on forecasting the 3 basic propositions offered:
  • Winner/spread
    Winner
    Over/Under
The GAM has set the early line at Bison -3.5. It could change as the Monte Carlo runs are completed and the composition of each team is finalized by fall practice. In the mean time we are anxiously awaiting their initial line. We are ready to go all-in if they do something foolish.

Remember to move quickly. Miss priced Bison games don’t last long and are becoming a rarity. Not only are Bison fans quick to pour in but the odds makers themselves have gotten a lot smarter since the Bison +45 vs Gophers. :lol:

We were lucky to get Bison +2 for the JMU game. That didn’t last long. Also, the Bison were 1~ dogs most of the time so we got Bison to win +110. The juice on that gift quickly reduced to 105. The Over/Under fell from 55.5 to 48.5 by game time.

The GAM ran contrary to the Vegas lines for that one and that’s what we like to see.
Last edited by JBB on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

As long as Shough is solid, UO will be able to pick the score. I don't think SD fans understand just how good our D is going to be.

And if bison fans think they were going to just catch uo sleeping, your arrogant fans are making sure that doesn't happen. You guys have to be the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen on social media.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

It’s always football season at NDSU some games are just further apart.

This is the biggest game since The Bison faced the National Champion Gopher squads back in the mid 1900s. Since signing everything has been aimed at this one. Our recruiting, game plans, team goals and our victories.

Win or lose it has the makings of a timeless game. Expectations for this match-up have been growing in Fargo all season. The National Championship a big goal on the way to Eugene. It’s been mentioned on Game Day. Good chance they will be there. Hotels are already reserved. There is an active ticket market and its talked about every day.

Game on! :)
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

buckmarkduck wrote:As long as Shough is solid, UO will be able to pick the score. I don't think SD fans understand just how good our D is going to be.

And if bison fans think they were going to just catch up sleeping, your arrogant fans are making sure that doesn't happen. You guys have to be the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen on social media.
You may be right right, who knows?

I don’t think a 28 million dollar football program with a coach earning as much as NDSU spends is going to get caught sleeping. Iowa wasn’t caught sleeping besides they had Desmond King best D back in college football to hear them tell. Think he was sleeping? We are just hoping the odds makers are.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

JBB wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:As long as Shough is solid, UO will be able to pick the score. I don't think SD fans understand just how good our D is going to be.

And if bison fans think they were going to just catch up sleeping, your arrogant fans are making sure that doesn't happen. You guys have to be the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen on social media.

I don’t think a 28 million dollar football program with a coach earning as much as NDSU spends is going to get caught sleeping. Iowa wasn’t caught sleeping besides they had Desmond King best D back in college football to hear them tell. Think he was sleeping? We are just hoping the odds makers are.
Wow, the 5 loss Iowa team in 2016 when all these Oregon players were still in high school. Not sure what that has to do with the reigning Pac 12/Rosebowl Champions that are returning nearly everyone one on D that will probably be top 10 in the country.
thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

And if bison fans think they were going to just catch uo sleeping, your arrogant fans are making sure that doesn't happen. You guys have to be the most obnoxious fans I've ever seen on social media.
That's funny. Seems you don't even know who you are playing on Sept 5.

thebootfitter
One Star Recruit

Post by thebootfitter »

stlDUCKfan wrote:
JBB wrote:

Wow, the 5 loss Iowa team in 2016 when all these Oregon players were still in high school. Not sure what that has to do with the reigning Pac 12/Rosebowl Champions that are returning nearly everyone one on D that will probably be top 10 in the country.
You're right. The individual players are different. Even coaches have changed. But I think the point is the relative strength of a #13 ranked FBS team versus a top FCS team. It's not as wide of a gap as you are thinking. (For the record, our 2016 team didn't end up winning the championship. It was the one year in the last nine that we were denied.)

Oregon's D should be very solid. I suspect NDSU will have a tough time scoring, but the NDSU offense may be good enough next year to be considered a top 15 to 20-ish offense in all of college football. I don't think Oregon will be able to completely shut them down.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I forget, what did we do to a better Kstate team then you beat?
BisonAlumni
High School Drop Out

Post by BisonAlumni »

buckmarkduck wrote:I forget, what did we do to a better Kstate team then you beat?
You forgot, I never cared, how about you clue us all in?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

BisonAlumni wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:I forget, what did we do to a better Kstate team then you beat?
You forgot, I never cared, how about you clue us all in?

Please lock this thread. We'll see what happens when the teams play. IF NDSU pulls the upset I'll be here to congratulate them. When we take them to the woodshed I expect the same from these fans of the bison. Until then-enough already.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine