Greydrake
Four Star Recruit

espn sports commercial with Duck

Post by Greydrake »

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: espn sports commercial with Duck

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Looks like they made this commercial on Sept. 15th after our Boise State loss. It's interesting they'll be allowed to use the mascot for ESPN and using him to jab at the Ducks, but not let the kids have him dance around in a video with nothing derogatory and showing love for the university. Hmmmmm..........looks like a double standard to me.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

That's a great commercial. I really like this whole series they are doing with the commercials in the offices of ESPN as if the mascots and athletes work there. It certainly wasn't meant as an insult or anything. In fact, the ad agency that makes those commercials (and most Nike commercials) is Weiden & Kennedy, which is based out of Portland and is known for being extremely innovative.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Hey, at least we're in one, right?!!!! I'll take it. The Duck really just wants to be outside with his brethren........ My only point with the University is to choose their battles wisely because they end up with egg on their face. (Sorry for the fowl pun!!!) BUT, this belongs in the other thread!!!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think the fights they chose Med, where because of Disney, and Disney is owned by ABC who also owns ESPN. So I think Disney was ok with this one. :D
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Wonder if this means Disney will allow the Duck to participte in future mascot competitions on ESPN?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Haha nice, every little bit of exposure helps.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

I wish I had a link but I know there was another one a few years back where the Duck made a cameo scrubbing the carpet as some guy (I forget who) was running through the office.

I love the "This is Sportscenter" commercials, as an athlete or mascot, you have not made it big until you get one so it's good to know Puddles has reached that class.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

woundedknees wrote:Wonder if this means Disney will allow the Duck to participte in future mascot competitions on ESPN?

Ya this one always confused me....the only reason I would guess they didn't want to use him in the competition was that they were worried he would have an unfair advantage..being donald duck and all....but i mean it's a mascot challenge who really cares who wins? :lol:
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Personally, I think ESPN and Jack in the Box are neck and neck with the funniest commercials, with ESPN in a slight nod. I didn't know they were Wieden and Kennedy though. Cool!