When do the riots/looting start over this?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

When do the riots/looting start over this?

Post by nogerO »

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: When do the riots/looting start over this?

Post by lukeyrid13 »

He was just "peacefully protesting" their fender bender.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

The loss of respect for some people on this forum has been absolutely monumental. I'm just flabbergasted. Sad, very sad. The murderer was arrested and charged immediately. This was tragic, and awful, and reprehensible, and as such I will repeat again the murderer was arrested and charged immediately. There is nothing to joke about here, nothing to try and troll with, and to be honest you should take a deep look at yourself and your soul if you think there is.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pudgejeff wrote:The loss of respect for some people on this forum has been absolutely monumental. I'm just flabbergasted. Sad, very sad. The murderer was arrested and charged immediately. This was tragic, and awful, and reprehensible, and as such I will repeat again the murderer was arrested and charged immediately. There is nothing to joke about here, nothing to try and troll with, and to be honest you should take a deep look at yourself and your soul if you think there is.
:roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Derek Chauvin and 3 other cops were charged
The shooter of rayshard brooks was charged (erroneously)
Jacob Blake had a knife

Facts didn’t matter in those instances and how people responded to it. In no way am I happy that this man and his daughter were killed. It’s not remotely funny to me. For lack of other emotions, all I can do is laugh at the response of half of our country right now. Facts don’t matter to them.

The point some are making, is that literally innocent people are dying, and no one cares or bats an eye. This type of incident should spark outrage and/or unrest. Instead, it’s just ho hum. Meanwhile career criminals are doing whatever they want, committing crimes and putting the general public in danger....and we want them to have free reign? I’m sorry if I seem like the bad guy right now, but please enlighten me why Jacob Blake deserves our respect more than these two, or that little boy in North Carolina. Or that 8 year old girl in Atlanta.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Agreed, LR13.

While I worked in corrections, I was rarely surprised after a while when absolutely despicable humans were afforded more apparent respect and seeming rewards than the victims they left in their wake.

Two arsonists (Not only caught in the act, but confessed, as well.) were pitied, honored and the recipients of financial assistance on a regular basis by the very citizens whose homes, families, and lives they recklessly endangered while expressing their free speech rights by torching businesses in the city of Eugene, in the name of "environmentalism".

Groups of protesters hung around the vicinity of the jail while they were incarcerated.

A beer truck driver,who ran down an 11 year old girl while on a beer run from a private party (Driving his company van, at that), fleeing the scene without stopping, then covering the damage with deer hair purchased at a local taxidermy shop shortly afterward, was a victim, because he couldn't be with his own wife and child.

To me, much of the action around our country seems like an expansion of this sort of attitude.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This thread didn't age well.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pezsez1 wrote:This thread didn't age well.
Why is that?

I assume you'll say because people aren't outraged at the events in DC last week?

If you were to read the other thread though, you'd see 100% of conservative posters denouncing that event. I would say it shows that everyone has been hypocritical sadly. Folks that were at the capital last week are now deemed 'domestic terrorists' and are on no fly lists and their social media has been blocked. I'm ok with that on the whole. The event was such a blight.

On the flip side, was there remotely the same response to any of the protests done by Antifa/BLM etc earlier this year? Should BLM/Antifa members that attacked the federal building in Portland also be deemed 'domestic terrorists'? Trump is a raging narcissist who speaks out both sides of his mouth. He forgives the idiots on the right while calling out the left, but unless I'm mistaken, the response from the left is very much the same. They want all the capital protestors punished to the highest degree...but completely ignore that ~30 people died during George Floyd protests and most of those are left unsolved/unpunished.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

On the flip side, was there remotely the same response to any of the protests done by Antifa/BLM etc earlier this year?
No, because that wasn't an attempted coup incited by a sitting president who spent two months trying to convince people that an election was stolen from him.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
On the flip side, was there remotely the same response to any of the protests done by Antifa/BLM etc earlier this year?
No, because that wasn't an attempted coup incited by a sitting president who spent two months trying to convince people that an election was stolen from him.
No need to convince. 40% of people already think election was rigged by mid-Nov, and rightfully so. I guess they are responsible for inciting the "coup" too.

Perfect example of delusion that the media has fed the people. I was talking to a lady the other day about Trump. I asked if she thought that him choosing to not attend the inauguration would be an "incitement of violence". She said of course. I then asked what if he chose TO attend the inauguration. She said that would be incitement too.

Trump calls for "peaceful" protest in his speech, and the media directly blames him for a few kooks being dingleberries.

BLM/Antifa actively calls for rioting in the streets, and the media says that they are protesting "peacefully".

We live in a world where up is down, right is wrong, and evil is good.
lukeyrid13
All-American

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pezsez1 wrote:
It was largely political though. In Portland they attacked the federal building. In Seattle they took over a police station. In Minneapolis they burned down 1,500 buildings to the tune of $500 million in damages. In Kenosha WI, 50 million in damages were done. That's just a handful of examples of the temper tantrums on the other side. This in no way makes the capitol attack ok or forgiven. It was beyond idiotic and misplaced.

The capitol attack sucked....but why can't both these indiscretions be seen as intolerable?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Both are intolerable, but the coup was far worse. These do not balance out.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1 wrote:Both are intolerable, but the coup was far worse. These do not balance out.
Just because you say something doesn’t make it true, especially in the eyes of opposition. Try providing some facts or effective arguments if you want people to consider your perspective, cause just saying something like this won’t do any good.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Get ready for another period of rioting, destruction, and death once the jury rules to acquit Derek Chauvin of the charge of murder against Floyd (exactly how I predicted 1 month after Floyd's death).

At this point, there is a better chance of his drug dealer being charged with murder (3rd degree, I think) than Mr. Chauvin.

The facts of the trial are - not surprinsgly - very different than what you have been told in the media.

Would be nice if the DOJ/FBI spent as much time tracking down all the people who incited violence across the country for 3 straight months as they did for a riot that resulted in 1 death.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Get ready for another period of rioting, destruction, and death once the jury rules to acquit Derek Chauvin of the charge of murder against Floyd (exactly how I predicted 1 month after Floyd's death).

At this point, there is a better chance of his drug dealer being charged with murder (3rd degree, I think) than Mr. Chauvin.

The facts of the trial are - not surprinsgly - very different than what you have been told in the media.

Would be nice if the DOJ/FBI spent as much time tracking down all the people who incited violence across the country for 3 straight months as they did for a riot that resulted in 1 death.

Politicians/media/SJW's push false race narrative in accidental death of citizen by a woman police officer (manslaughter) in Minnesota a couple of days ago. The result? Riots/destruction for 2 straight nights.

On a similar note: The officer who shot a black male in Kenosha, Wisc (sadly, the man who was shot is now paralyzed) over the summer has rightly been dropped of all charges and is back on the police force.

Expect false narratives and deceptive media coverage to result in rioting in Kenosha the next few days.