Ed Dickson on Rome Today

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Ed Dickson on Rome Today

Post by neezy3 »

Ed's about to be on the Rome television show tune in...
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Ed Dickson on Rome Today

Post by MFRDuckFan »

He did very well.

A few highlights (not quoted, just quick notes) ~

Q. Is the Civil War being played tomorrow the biggest game in the history of this game?
A. Definitely, but the Ducks see it as just another game. Our focus is good and with senior leadership we just do what we do best.

Q. Is this game the Ducks to lose?
A. It's anybody's game to lose.

Q. Putting up 65 on them last year and ruining their chances for the Rose Bowl, did that feel good?
A. It felt real good. Putting up 65 in their house.

Q. Do these two teams really hate each other as much as their fans do?
A. Yes. You see these guys at the mall and stuff, not like UCLA or other teams.

Q. How do you keep yourself from getting gassed before the game starts since everybody is amped up?
A. Play the game mentally before physically. The coaches do a great job of preparing us.

Q. After the Boise State game, this team could have given up on the season, but they didn't.
A. The coaches came to us and said one loss does not define the team and the character of this team kept it all together.

Q. The win at AZ, tell us about it
A. We're so used to going 3 downs, then a touchdown. To go 15 plays & get the win. We wanted this win badly.
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

He didn't do a very good job in my opinion. I loved seeing him get the attention though. He definitely did better than I could in a interview with Rome though.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

Oy, the kid need to work on his camera technique. He looked very nervous and over-coached.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

ducksin2010 wrote:He didn't do a very good job in my opinion. I loved seeing him get the attention though. He definitely did better than I could in a interview with Rome though.
He sounded as though he was nervous. I would have been. I like that they showed the Duck commercial after his segment! :P
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

ducksin2010 wrote:He didn't do a very good job in my opinion. I loved seeing him get the attention though. He definitely did better than I could in a interview with Rome though.
Considering it's on skype and there's a little bit of a delay, he did pretty well. It's really hard to do that kind of stuff off the cuff. You think you would be really prepared, but if you're not used to it, it's very scary.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

He was really nervous at first, but he started to relax a little toward the end. He kept glancing over to his right at something or someone. Oh, and the "360 degree turnaround?" :lol:

All in all, he did good. He'll attend classes that will teach him how to do interviews once he gets to the NFL.
John 3:36
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Didn't see it, hopefully it gets on Rome's site or youtube later.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13