Senior

Re: Rose Bowl Thread (UO vs tOSU)

Post by chapelhillduck »

Second year in a row we get to beat an OSU in a bowl game
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

It would be awesome to beat OSU four times in two years!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Man, now I have to try & get my tickets through the stupid lottery via the University. I guess I could try ebay, but they're massively expensive. Maybe I need to find some donors that could get me 2 tickets?!!!! Anybody???? Anybody??? Take pity on a girl???? :D
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

I love it TK, thanks :D , also didn't want to start a new thread so - http://goducks.com/SplashPage.dbml?SPLASH_AD_ID=484729 I was visiting goducks.com and that just popped up on my screen and I can't stop smiling.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Maybe I'm just overconfident, but I was much more worried about the Cal, USC, Arizona and OSU games than I am about Ohio St. Watch it come bite me in the butt!

I just haven't been impressed with them. But I'm way nervous about being too overconfident.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I am very new to the "bowl" experience (actually attending) and would love some insider info. I think I'm getting myself overwhelmed with trying to pick the right hotel, how to hook up with other Duck fans & events, etc. Would love some guidance!
fecta23
Three Star Recruit

Post by fecta23 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Man, now I have to try & get my tickets through the stupid lottery via the University. I guess I could try ebay, but they're massively expensive. Maybe I need to find some donors that could get me 2 tickets?!!!! Anybody???? Anybody??? Take pity on a girl???? :D
go to the game and Scalp, wait until kickoff and tickets are cheap.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I'm not nervous about this game. Obviously I want a rose bowl win, but just to be pac-10 champs and get to the rose bowl is a major accomplishment. I would rather lose in the rose bowl than have lost to an Arizona or Oregon State and dropped to the holiday bowl or worse.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Last time the UO played Ohio State in the Rose Bowl I was a senior in high school and became a Duck fan. They played tough and lost a close one but the outcome will be different this time. Mazoli "the magician" will pull more magic. Remember when Pete Carroll, at halftime, said their defense wasn't bad, that we got most of our yards on broken plays. That's an exaggeration, but that is the beauty of Mazoli; master of the broken play. Ask UA and OSU. There were a few there.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Pete Carroll's excuse are pretty much like a broken record, this season.

He has had the opportunity to observe Masoli for 2 seasons and Kelly's offense for 3, without being able to figure out that the way Oregon plays is by design... Even the "broken plays" are the result of hard work, planning and practice.

You don't react that quick without repetitious work on those scenarios.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

woundedknees wrote:Pete Carroll's excuse are pretty much like a broken record, this season.

He has had the opportunity to observe Masoli for 2 seasons and Kelly's offense for 3, without being able to figure out that the way Oregon plays is by design... Even the "broken plays" are the result of hard work, planning and practice.

You don't react that quick without repetitious work on those scenarios.
I thought that was a lame excuse when he said it. I guess it is hard to admit he was out coached and his team was outplayed. Not like Chip. My son and I enjoyed his remark to the reporter about what they had to do secure the ball better. "If you have the ball at the beginning of the play, make sure you have it at the end of the play"(not sure that is an exact quote, but close.) Reminds me of John Wooden's statement, years ago, about what they had to do to comeback and beat UO in the 2nd half; "score more points than they do." Anyway, I'm cheering for UA Sat. Nice to see USC go from the Rose Bowl to a backyard bowl in one year.

I haven't given much thought to the idea that they practiced broken plays a lot. But you must be right. So much could go wrong; illegal blocks, lineman down field, etc. So, if I'm not mistaken, the entire team would have to be in tune to a certain degree. That would make it even more amazing that we are able to get more out of broken plays than other teams. This is a special team. Next year should be even better.
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

I keep reading from Ohio State fans how they are going to "run all over the ducks". The single best individual rushing performance in a game this season for the Buckeyes was Brandon Saine going for 113 against Indiana. Their leading rusher is Pryor at 707 yards and 5.0 ypc. How does anyone figure this?

They seem very confident in Ohio despite the fact that both their losses came to teams Oregon actually beat.
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Hoagduck wrote:I keep reading from Ohio State fans how they are going to "run all over the ducks". The single best individual rushing performance in a game this season for the Buckeyes was Brandon Saine going for 113 against Indiana. Their leading rusher is Pryor at 707 yards and 5.0 ypc. How does anyone figure this?

They seem very confident in Ohio despite the fact that both their losses came to teams Oregon actually beat.
Their overall impression of the P10 is that we dont play defense and they think they will be able to score at will... this also leads them to believe that our scoring numbers are skewed (due to our "lack" of D) and that there is no way we will put up 30+ on them. They're in for a rude awaking...

I see a blowout brewing, especially with 3+ weeks to prepare... be afraid, be very afraid of CK with 3+ weeks...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Just like they ran over USC and Purdue right? Buckeye fans are some of the worst out there. A lot follow their team and have no idea what goes on with any other team. Plus, I cannot stand that they are called "The Ohio State University", like they are America's team.