Barner

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

justducky0
Senior

Barner

Post by justducky0 »

Did anybody catch during the game Barner almost getting into it with a teammate on the sideline? It looked to me like the teammate was trying to hold Barner back from getting a personal foul penalty and Barner started getting hot at him
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Barner

Post by MFRDuckFan »

justducky0 wrote:Did anybody catch during the game Barner almost getting into it with a teammate on the sideline? It looked to me like the teammate was trying to hold Barner back from getting a personal foul penalty and Barner started getting hot at him
I noticed that. Not sure what the heck was going on.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

yea it was odd, but TJ Ward got right in Barner's ear and calmed him down, good to see senior leadership like that
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

I saw that too... weird. You'd think after all the BS that this team has been though this year with "punches" that they'd be more aware of their actions...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

uodux1212 wrote:I saw that too... weird. You'd think after all the BS that this team has been though this year with "punches" that they'd be more aware of their actions...
They're just kids...and if you have ever played any football you know it is an emotional game, especially one of this magnitude...as long as nothing happened that hurt the team I am ok with an emotional outburst it should be expected...
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

I know, I know.... at least it wasnt an opposing player ;)

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

im gonna miss tj
sickaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by sickaduck »

justducky0 wrote:Did anybody catch during the game Barner almost getting into it with a teammate on the sideline? It looked to me like the teammate was trying to hold Barner back from getting a personal foul penalty and Barner started getting hot at him
It looked like Barner was frustrated with the Beaver who tackled him and was twisting his legs long after the play was over, in what looked to me like an attempt to hurt him. Barner shouldn't have went off on his teamate, but I would have been pissed too.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Yeah, it was shown on the big screen and the whole crowd quieted down. Looked like there was a little extra something from a OSU player on the sideline after tackling Barner. Barner seemed upset and an Oregon player was trying to calm him down and Barner shoved him twice. Didn't like that at all.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Yeah I saw the same thing and watched the replay. I did not see what the problem was.. just that Barner was ticked and pushed one of his teammates. Hopefully the coaches have talked with him about his outburst. Thankfully we had players trying to calm him down but do not have any idea why he was so upset. I was hoping somebody had a better look.
HugeInTheEug
Three Star Recruit

Post by HugeInTheEug »

it's football. it happens.