Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Re: Clips/Bullets

Post by GoBeavs »

JB wrote:
GoBeavs wrote:
JB wrote:wow, kenny anderson is the actual best PG in the league memes aside. And the Gug contract and Rose contract are negative value in my book. Plus clips get a pick. I knew someone would bail the Clips out but damn, not like this. GGs
I am curious what gives you these impressions?

KA has never led the league in assists, and despite being a great defender he's quite small so I'm sure shooters he's guarding put up decent efficiency even if the shot is contested well.

Hard disagree on Gug and Rose contracts, I get Gugliotta for roughly the same price as Walt and we all know who the better player is there. Rose isn't amazing but isn't bad either and I think his contract is pretty reasonable. KA is having an off year, but his numbers currently are no better than Rose's.

The pick was awful on my part, as I've learned.
This is all my opinion which is fine to disagree with. But Gug just has not great ratings. His production is good sure, but B C+ is extremely suspect scoring for a max guy and he's aging, so it's possible he falls off a cliff really, really soon and that contract becomes a death sentence. Rose I just flat out don't think is very good. Never thought he was. I think he's one of the things holding the Clips back. Like he's okay, but he's overpaid. Better options out there. I wouldn't trade for either of them.

I think ratings wise, KA is a standout. For example Nets have been saying Cassell tops Kidd as the best PG in the league.

Cassell: C+ B+ C+ B+ D+
Kidd: C+ A- A A- D+
Anderson: B- A- A A+ D

He just looks way better. And believe me I know ratings aren't everything, but the B- A- scoring is so sweet and so rare for PGs here. I said earlier but I think if I got my hands on Anderson and let him run first option, very fast, outside, he would absolutely cook. I'm new still and I'm not familiar with how everyone runs their teams, but that's just my two cents. I think he's the best on paper PG in the league by a decent margin.
I agree he's the best on paper, that's why I didn't deal him for years and years. But the production doesn't match the paper. I could've experimented with different pieces around him but I still needed to get the knack for trading. I have no doubt he would've had a better career in someone else's hands.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Sigh...
SUNS GM
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

the east can take solace that most of the nefarious gm's are in the western conference.

bunch of capitalist cronies in the west.
the goat
Freshman
GM: Los Angeles Lakers

Post by the goat »

JB wrote:wow, kenny anderson is the actual best PG in the league memes aside
next time, stand firm on keeping the 1st :lol:
Lakers GM
jibbajabba614
Senior
GM: Milwaukee Bucks GM

Post by jibbajabba614 »

Googs is having a monster season. Definitely an upgrade over Walt.

And Rose is younger than KA. Plus contract wise, I can see why Bullets had to bite the extra pick.

Allen and KA backcourt is nasty though
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

So the Bullets got two contracts that aren't good.
They didn't get much younger, if any.
And this trade doesn't address their areas of weakness at all.
GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Post by GoBeavs »

bellsduck wrote:So the Bullets got two contracts that aren't good.
They didn't get much younger, if any.
And this trade doesn't address their areas of weakness at all.
Disagree on your first point, but a few others have pointed this out as well. It's clear I need to improve at assessing contracts.

Walt Williams -> Tom Gugliotta seems a lot like addressing an area of weakness to me. How would you propose I address an area of weakness without creating another?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Clips win this one for sure. Take out the first and it’s more even.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I'd also like to thank pistolpete for not coming in here and trying to justify everything on behalf of Bullets. Good work!!! (not being sarcastic)

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

UOducksTK1 wrote:I'd also like to thank pistolpete for not coming in here and trying to justify everything on behalf of Bullets. Good work!!! (not being sarcastic)
Lol thanks. Honestly, no point. People complain in most blockbuster-type trades. I'll just put my head down, have fun, and let the havoc or lack of happen haha. We all have a voice, no need to try and be someone else's.

But thanks again (:
---

PistolPeteJR
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:cassell > KA/Kidd

Cassell is probably on the cusp of each attribute so I'd guess he's really something like B- A- B- A- _ _

what a stud
We need to get an "ignore" button for guys like this
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

Omg an 'ignore' button would be amazing.
SUNS GM
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Done
JB
Three Star Recruit

Post by JB »

JB wrote:
GoBeavs wrote:
JB wrote:wow, kenny anderson is the actual best PG in the league memes aside. And the Gug contract and Rose contract are negative value in my book. Plus clips get a pick. I knew someone would bail the Clips out but damn, not like this. GGs

KA has never led the league in assists, and despite being a great defender he's quite small so I'm sure shooters he's guarding put up decent efficiency even if the shot is contested well.

Hard disagree on Gug and Rose contracts, I get Gugliotta for roughly the same price as Walt and we all know who the better player is there. Rose isn't amazing but isn't bad either and I think his contract is pretty reasonable. KA is having an off year, but his numbers currently are no better than Rose's.

This is all my opinion which is fine to disagree with. But Gug just has not great ratings. His production is good sure, but B C+ is extremely suspect scoring for a max guy and he's aging, so it's possible he falls off a cliff really, really soon and that contract becomes a death sentence. Rose I just flat out don't think is very good. Never thought he was. I think he's one of the things holding the Clips back. Like he's okay, but he's overpaid. Better options out there. I wouldn't trade for either of them.

I think ratings wise, KA is a standout. For example Nets have been saying Cassell tops Kidd as the best PG in the league.

He just looks way better. And believe me I know ratings aren't everything, but the B- A- scoring is so sweet and so rare for PGs here. I said earlier but I think if I got my hands on Anderson and let him run first option, very fast, outside, he would absolutely cook. I'm new still and I'm not familiar with how everyone runs their teams, but that's just my two cents. I think he's the best on paper PG in the league by a decent margin.

Bullets 0-10 in their last 10 btw
Kings
GoBeavs
One Star Recruit

Post by GoBeavs »

JB wrote:
JB wrote:
GoBeavs wrote:

Bullets 0-10 in their last 10 btw
Yes, thank you for spitting on the corpse as you meander by.