Clips/Sonics

Post Completed Trades Here

Moderators: UOducksTK1, Zyme, lukeyrid13, Oregon Ownage

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Clips/Sonics

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Craig wrote:Where is this 'trade the best player AND extras for a high level prospect by himself' sentiment coming from? Is it just name recognition/nostalgia? Where is this guarantee that guys like Pierce are going to end up as high end superstars? The normal market is great player in his prime for a young piece plus maybe some extras to account for the risk in the young guy(s) not panning out. Or at the least its a straight swap. Did I miss something? Maybe Anderson doesnt quite fit the bill since he's a bit older and arguably not quite a top 5-10 player but still...

All that said is an independent thought though, I dont think this is a great move for Sonics either.
contracts are a big deal nowadays also.

additionally, even if Pierce remains stagnant, he will likely be an all-star level player as is (see preseason stats)... so even assuming the worst case for pierce, I still think the value between Anderson/Pierce is equal.

however, he's 23 and still has 2yrs left on rookie contract, so there's a greater chance than not that he will improve and catapult into star status.
Craig
Senior
GM: Phoenix Suns GM

Post by Craig »

I understand theres some confidence in development but Im not paying extra for a guy who has a CHANCE to be as good as the guy Im sending out (assuming hes not over the hill obviously) lol
SUNS GM
offtheheezy
Senior
GM: Vancouver Grizzlies

Post by offtheheezy »

I wouldn’t have done this if I was the Sonics because of contracts like the Nets said but KA is good so it’s not that bad imo. It’s more of how KA was originally acquired that was egregious :lol:
pistolpetejr
Senior
GM: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by pistolpetejr »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:gosh, I just don't understand this from sonics perspective.... As of right now, is Anderson even better than Pierce? If he is, it's not by much...

And then add in the age difference, contract difference, and potential difference..... and I'd assert that Pierce by himself has (significantly) more current value than Anderson.

I would've expected Anderson + depth (or picks) for Pierce.. not the other way around.
I'd add to this, to any GM who is about to do a big trade, don't hesitate to reach out to: myself, Ownage, Grizzlies, Nets, Celtics etc and see what their thoughts are

I've probably done ~ 50 seasons of sim league now and still message other GMs about 80-90% of the deals I'm considering just to gauge others' opinions.
Why aren't I on this list of GMs LOL?
---

PistolPeteJR
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

Craig wrote:Where is this 'trade the best player AND extras for a high level prospect by himself' sentiment coming from? Is it just name recognition/nostalgia? Where is this guarantee that guys like Pierce are going to end up as high end superstars? The normal market is great player in his prime for a young piece plus maybe some extras to account for the risk in the young guy(s) not panning out. Or at the least its a straight swap. Did I miss something? Maybe Anderson doesnt quite fit the bill since he's a bit older and arguably not quite a top 5-10 player but still...

All that said is an independent thought though, I dont think this is a great move for Sonics either.
Thank you.

I don't get it. If I trade a young player away for a vet, I'm criticized; if I trade away a vet for a young player, I'm criticized. Can't win with some of you GMs lol.
---

PistolPeteJR
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Done
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

pistolpetejr wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:gosh, I just don't understand this from sonics perspective.... As of right now, is Anderson even better than Pierce? If he is, it's not by much...

And then add in the age difference, contract difference, and potential difference..... and I'd assert that Pierce by himself has (significantly) more current value than Anderson.

I would've expected Anderson + depth (or picks) for Pierce.. not the other way around.
I'd add to this, to any GM who is about to do a big trade, don't hesitate to reach out to: myself, Ownage, Grizzlies, Nets, Celtics etc and see what their thoughts are

I've probably done ~ 50 seasons of sim league now and still message other GMs about 80-90% of the deals I'm considering just to gauge others' opinions.
Well you’re the other party in this specific trade, so maybe slightly slanted opinion on this one lol
pistolpetejr
Senior

Post by pistolpetejr »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
pistolpetejr wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

Well you’re the other party in this specific trade, so maybe slightly slanted opinion on this one lol
Okay okay… :P
---

PistolPeteJR