Bronny James has Cardiac arrest

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Bronny James has Cardiac arrest

Post by Alan »

Bronny suffers cardiac arrest during USC workout, is basketball over for him. I would post a link but a simple “Bronny James” google gets you there.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Bronny James has Cardiac arrest

Post by StevensTechU »

Wouldn't be the first athlete to have heart issues, so depends on what it is and how serious. I think about Keyontae Johnson recently, who collapsed during a game and spent 3 days in a coma, and he will suit up for the OKC Thunder this season.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

One thing I saw that felt note-worthy is that a cardiac arrest is an "electrical" problem whereas a heart attack is a "circulation" problem. Noticed a home AED runs ~$1450 on Amazon.

Pretty sure its time to update the 1st Aid/CPR certificate again.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

All within the last few days:
-Former EPL goalkeeper/ESPN analyst collapses on air
-Browns WR missing at least training camp with blood clots
-Well-known singer collapses during dinner; she has clots around vital organs
-One of the most well-known college basketball players suffers cardiac arrest during practice

All seem to be in very good shape and young (other than the analyst who is maybe in 40s...?).
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Blood clots aren't anything new, but maybe a slightly elevated occurrence of clots is a new normal.

For the sake of not starting another politicized COVID holy war, I'll say that BOTH catching COVID and getting the COVID vaccine increased risks of blood clots, according to several studies, so if it seems we're seeing more high-profile people suffering from blood clots then perhaps that is why.

That said, it's not like people are dropping from clots like Iguanas from trees during a heat wave, so I'd caution against getting too riled up over a non-existent crisis.

Here's to hoping that Bronny bounces back.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Ya, really sucks for the young people who got the virus and then also got the jab. By doing so, they put themselves at additional risk of these potentially terrible occurrences.

The risk of having severe symptoms from COVID for young and health people was just so utterly minuscule, it didn't make sense to create a campaign for them to get vaccinated....it's a shame that so many felt pressured to get jabbed.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The risk of developing blood clots from COVID in the early days of the pandemic was like 19 times greater than the risk of blood clots from the vaccines.

But hey, have fun in your little spider hole.

Cheers to Bronny, and let's make him the top priority of this thread. Let's keep the absurd COVID nonsense in the absurd tennis player thread.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Also going to leave this here as an emphatic end to the "teh jabz causez teh clotz!" madness.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10052419/

I only said "both" up above because I was trying not to offend any anti-vax chicken littles but I guess I was giving this community far too much credit.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

In a totally unrelated note, I'd like to congratulate the University of Buffalo for their long history of partnership with Pfizer. Those millions of dollars have certainly been put to good use.

https://www.buffalo.edu/community-healt ... etail.html

And more recently, Pfizer chose the friendly confines of the University of Buffalo's Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences for their Covid-related study

https://www.buffalo.edu/pss/news-home/g ... etail.html

Oh, and they must really like that school, because they paid one of the Professors there $90,000 in consulting fees:

https://www.docspot.com/p/peter-l-elkin

I'm sure it has nothing at all to do with the findings in Elkin's vaccine study though.

Weird how the parallel studies in the Israeli military came to a different conclusion regarding the 'vaccine's' contribution to myocarditis.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2109730

Maybe it's just sour grapes because they didn't get as much money from Pfizer?
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Israel seems to be the only country conducting relevant studies that are not meant to generate a self-serving outcome.

I think they were the first to roll-out mass-vaccinations, and therefore, had the first study demonstrating a loss of efficacy in transmission by ~60% within 6 months. They also compared vaccinations to having previously incepted the virus. Don't think any American study bothered looking at either of these things, but would like to be proven wrong.

Sucks for Bronny. Tough deal.

Thank goodness nobody is saying that he deserved what he got because he took the vaccine. That would be totally inappropriate.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

pezsez1 wrote:The risk of developing blood clots from COVID in the early days of the pandemic was like 19 times greater than the risk of blood clots from the vaccines.

But hey, have fun in your little spider hole.

Cheers to Bronny, and let's make him the top priority of this thread. Let's keep the absurd COVID nonsense in the absurd tennis player thread.

Dude seriously stop. My grandfather died from blood clots 2 weeks after receiving his second shot. I’m sure you and the other people who base all your decisions on political beliefs and have the billionaires big pharm backs will make up some bs excuse.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Going to lock just because this discussion has gone down a route where already exists 3 or 4 massive threads where this could fit in nicely in off-topic thread on the bottom forum.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13